PDA

View Full Version : Need help identifying this

Hippie
2nd April 2021, 05:09 PM
I was wondering if anybody can help me ID this timber beam. I need to know as I’m selling it. Please let me if know if you need any further info like end grain etc. TIA.

elanjacobs
2nd April 2021, 05:11 PM
I was wondering if anybody can help me ID this timber beam. I need to know as I’m selling it. Please let me if know if you need any further info like end grain etc. TIA.
Probably not from those pics...but you should really start a new thread instead of tacking onto someone else's :)

Hippie
2nd April 2021, 06:41 PM
Probably not from those pics...but you should really start a new thread instead of tacking onto someone else's :)
Sorry but I didn’t realise I was still in another thread. I tried deleting it but it didn’t work. I read the instructions on how to do it on the FAQs but I couldn’t find the icon I need on my post. Do I need to alert Admin to delete it?

Euge
8th April 2021, 11:04 PM
If its milled near Brisbane (0n east coast somewhere and is a native rainforest tree) it COULD be brown tulip oak, or one of the other Tulip Oaks (from the fine rays in the middle pic). Botanically Argyrodendron species. Here is a link...

Tulip oak | Business Queensland (https://www.business.qld.gov.au/industries/farms-fishing-forestry/forests-wood/properties-timbers/tulip-oak)

Euge :)