PDA

View Full Version : Bride and Groom

TEEJAY
29th November 2005, 03:18 PM
Does anyone know where I could get some nice plans for a bride and groom to put onto a wedding album and guests book?

Any help or tips welcome

Cheers

scooter
29th November 2005, 09:46 PM
Teej, try your local library for Patrick Spielman's pattern books, bound to be one in there.

Otherwise, on the net somewhere is a forum moderated (I think) by a guy named (I think :)) Gary Browning. He has step by step instuctions there somewhere about making patterns out of photos by adjusting the contrast, brightness or whatever then drawing back in some key feature lines.

Sounds fiddly but could be the go if you get desparate, use an image from a google images search.

Good luck.............cheers...............Sean, not too bright :)

Tikki
30th November 2005, 01:59 AM
Teejay

Check your PM's

Cheers
Tikki :)

Bob H
30th November 2005, 03:58 AM
Teejay. Are you looking for intsaria? or:
What scooter is refering to is called "Portraits" Fretwork pictures derived from photographs of people/animals.
Here is a sample.
http://users.vianet.ca/~rhelman/Intarsia/1st.JPG
The photo is of the wedding but i was asked to do an anniversary.
Not all the steps are here of course but a photo manipulation program is used to increase contrasts and whatnot. As well as some tweaking by hand.
Photo was a 5X7 end product about 15 inches but inclded the "frame"
I am not aware of any Intarsia bride/groom designs but I should think the would be too large and bulky. You might consider relief carving as an option.
Disrwgard the other bits that are in the picture. Some of my other projects on the wall.Particularly the upper left.

TEEJAY
30th November 2005, 11:30 AM
Tikki,

Exactly what I wanted and more - thankyou :D

And to others thankyou for your indulgence.

Cheers