PDA

View Full Version : Where to buy 70mm long screws

clear out
21st May 2021, 10:29 AM
I’m finally finishing some chairs and need 70 mm screws to hold the seat to the frame.
On the originals I’d used 10gauge 3” and ground them a bit shorter.
Ive used 65mm square drive to get them together but they are stripping out on fully tightening.
I have 75mm bit would prefer not to grind these down as they don’t screw in as well as correct length ones.
On the original I also glued the seats on but having to do repairs 38 years later haven’t this time so that any repairs will be easier.
I’ve also modified the front rail to fully support the seat so repairs shouldn’t be needed:;
H.

Wrongwayfirst
21st May 2021, 07:14 PM
Scrooz is a forum sponsor they have quite a few lengths, I just looked under gold screws as I have no idea what you need exactly, but the ones I saw I have removed from chairs so they should do your job,
cheers

Vann
22nd May 2021, 04:10 AM
I have traditional 3 1/2" x 10g steel slotted CSK screws available - but if you don't want to grind them....

Cheers, Vann.

Lappa
22nd May 2021, 09:17 AM
Here’s a link for 70mm wood screws

Pozidriv Countersunk Steel Wood Screw Yellow Passivated, Zinc Plated, 5mm Thread, 70mm Length | RS Components (https://au.rs-online.com/web/p/wood-screws/2631959/)

elanjacobs
23rd May 2021, 02:43 PM
Bit late, but the answer to pretty much any "Where do I get <cabinetry related item>" is Hafele.