PDA

View Full Version : Finding a few uses for aluminium composite panel

Arron
28th May 2021, 08:12 AM
Hi. I purchased a sheet of 3mm aluminium composite panel for a previous task, used about a third of it, but still have most of the sheet left.

Now I’m looking at other possible uses for it. The obvious one is as a small splashback in the laundry. I was going to tile this but it’s a lot of work and who likes dirty grout. So I could cut the panel to size and fix it on, but the problem is one edge will be raw. Is there a way to hide this raw edge, some product perhaps already on the market?

The second use is as kickboard on self-made vanities. It’s straightness and rigidity would be a strong plus, and it’s likely to be used as a base for tiles which we usually bring up the kickboard under the vanity. So tiles would be glued on. Is there any negative to this I am overlooking? We usually mop the floor right up to the kickboard, so it would get wet from time to time.

Cheers
Arron

Chief Tiff
28th May 2021, 08:40 AM
Sticking with your splashback idea, you can frame the whole panel with aluminium extrusion. The Big Green Shed sells THESE (https://www.bunnings.com.au/vistelle-splashbacks-end-cap-aluminium-edge-profile_p2666902) for their range of splashbacks and once fitted they look really good, especially if you mitre the joins.