PDA

View Full Version : Wolf kango 8356 bench grinder

adrianvinyard
4th June 2021, 02:16 AM
Help please. What is the capacitance of the capacitor fitted in this model grinder?

Old Croc
4th June 2021, 08:19 PM
Help please. What is the capacitance of the capacitor fitted in this model grinder?
Hi mate, you are on a predominantly Aussie forum and me personally, I have never heard of that brand. There are a few other Poms on here, so hopefully one of them can help you. Can you give us a photo of it, as the details are usually printed on it.
Rgds,
Crocy.

NCArcher
4th June 2021, 09:08 PM
UK is the same voltage as us. Anywhere from 10uF to 20uF should work ok. Make sure it is at least 250V rated. The capacitor size is not super critical.

Chief Tiff
4th June 2021, 09:40 PM
I actually have that grinder at home; about 40 years old and still going strong. However I’m only two days into a two week shift and won’t be able to look at mine until the weekend after next at the earliest.

From memory the capacitor is mounted behind the switch; you get to it by flipping the grinder upside down and removing a pressed steel plate fitted under the base.

adrianvinyard
5th June 2021, 04:00 AM
Many thanks for help. I have removed the capacitor but the value has rubbed off, unreadable. If you could take a look for me I would appreciate the info.
Regards from England.

adrianvinyard
5th June 2021, 04:02 AM
Many thanks. I will try a 10uF tomorrow.
Regards from England.

adrianvinyard
5th June 2021, 04:04 AM
Thanks for your reply. I have removed the cap , but with value has been erased by the vibration of the tool.