PDA

View Full Version : does anyone here employ an apprentice?

russ34
1st December 2005, 09:47 PM
thinking of different options, would like some correspondence with somebody already employing an apprentice, re, working conditions, responsibilities, tafe time , govt incentive schemes...etc

Just George
2nd December 2005, 12:32 AM
Are you looking for an apprenticeship yourself or do you want to hire someone. I am 33, 3rd yr apprentice cabinetmaker in Brisbane.

russ34
2nd December 2005, 06:10 AM
didnt realise the lack of clarity in my statement... i do sub contract residential carpentry ,staircases, pergolas and decks , and am contemplating offering an carpentry apprenticeship to my TA.or takeing on a newcomer if my TA cant afford to live on apprentice wages

RETIRED
2nd December 2005, 06:14 AM
If your TA is good, why not make him an apprentice and pay him the same as you are now?

Termite
2nd December 2005, 06:34 AM
Its been done before, if your TA is good enough to consider him in the first place then it could be a worthwhile investment for both of you.
You may find that your worthwhile TA turns out to be an even more loyal and better worker if he finds that his present efforts have been appreciated. There are still quite a few blokes out there like that.