PDA

View Full Version : Mallee burl

hughie
15th August 2021, 01:12 PM
This lockdown has produced many things for many people and I am no different. I have a very specific commission from one of my grand daughters and as she has an eye for detail. So it as to be up to scratch and a premium piece and I guess I am the cause of her choices as she spend many an hour in the shed with me. :)
This is a WIP as finishing is slow with these sort of pieces with reveal coats of finish ending up with buffing after several days with its has hardened

Potts
15th August 2021, 06:56 PM
Simply beautiful.

rod1949
15th August 2021, 09:38 PM
Absolutely magnificent. How the b hell is it made?

hughie
16th August 2021, 09:24 AM
Absolutely magnificent. How the b hell is it made?

For all my pieces I use the Spanish Method. Can be a steep learning curve for some but when you get there its ok :D

powderpost
17th August 2021, 09:31 PM
I have a very specific commission from one of my grand daughters and as she has an eye for detail. So it as to be up to scratch and a premium piece and I guess I am the cause of her choices as she spend many an hour in the shed with me. :)

I can relate to that Hughie, I have one of those too..
I might add, very nice piece you have there.

Jim

brainstrust
18th August 2021, 09:46 PM
That is a work of art :2tsup::2tsup:
Any progress pics as you were creating????

hughie
22nd August 2021, 07:54 PM
That is a work of art :2tsup::2tsup:
Any progress pics as you were creating????

Not sure for this one. But will have a look as I have done several of these. I find the finish as the slowest part of the whole piece, as for time something like a couple of days. Only a couple of shot after marking out , cut out the gaps with handsaw