PDA

View Full Version : Looking for floor protector suggestions

Dengue
30th September 2021, 07:53 AM
Hello, have been making a guitar stand with a 300mm diameter kwila base, which has a 200mm diameter 10mm thick steel plate recessed into it for stability.

I was quite surprised at just how heavy an electric guitar is, hence the extra stability requirements.

Looking for suggestions on what is the best covering to put on the underside of the base to protect floor boards. I need to sit it flat , not on little rubber legs, and I need the covering to be thin and not readily visible, say 290mm diameter

Dengue
30th September 2021, 09:46 AM
Found it - 3mm thick felt or adhesive backed felt from Spotlight

Arbee Square Felt Sheet With Adhesive Back Black (https://www.spotlightstores.com/craft-hobbies/basic-craft-supplies/felt-eva-foam/pre-cut-felts/arbee-square-felt-sheet-with-adhesive-back/BP80122401003-black)

Fluddman
30th September 2021, 12:04 PM
Also be careful with the surface where the guitar makes contact with the stand. A lot of expensive guitars are still finished in Nitro and it reacts with a lot of rubber/plastic products.

Cheers

Xanthorrhoeas
3rd November 2021, 07:52 PM
Hi Dengue,

I'm late to the party, but I have found that stuff from Spotlight to be long-lasting and workable. If the weight is too much you could look at Surface Guard. I think I purchased their 25 mm round adhesive felt protectors from the big green shed. I have found them excellent for round chair legs. The adhesive really sticks well and the approx. 5 mm felt provides very sturdy protection.

David