PDA

View Full Version : Parallel (reverse) parking

woodhutt
13th October 2021, 09:00 AM
This clip appeared in our morning on-line newspaper.
Watch to the end.
Pete

Viral Video Of Woman Struggling To Parallel Park Has A Hilarious Twist - YouTube (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xKyfajcKSwo)

BobL
13th October 2021, 10:21 AM
Yesterday at bunnings (small one with limited parking) a bloke pulls into the carpark and, apart from the disabled bay, the only free spot is next to the disabled bay but it has a shopping trolley in it. He stops in the middle of the carpark gets out of his car and moves the trolley into the disabled bay and then parks his car.

I thought, now he's going to take the trolley back to the store or at least move the trolley onto the footpath - NO! , he left it there and walked away.

damian
13th October 2021, 11:01 AM
People can be incredibly selfish. I guess at least he didn't park in the disabled spot.

It amazes me how many people can't park. In NSW it's part of the driving test.

I did my apprenticeship on ambulances. Each afternoon we had to squeeze then in the workshop. I'd quite often reverse park them with one side touching and tiny clearance on the other, and climb out the back. People still commented on my parking until I had my strokes. Can't drive now, but even blind I reckon I could still park fine. It's just about knowing where the corners are and how steering works in reverse.

Tonyz
14th October 2021, 09:48 PM
Yesterday at bunnings (small one with limited parking) a bloke pulls into the carpark and, apart from the disabled bay, the only free spot is next to the disabled bay but it has a shopping trolley in it. He stops in the middle of the carpark gets out of his car and moves the trolley into the disabled bay and then parks his car.

I thought, now he's going to take the trolley back to the store or at least move the trolley onto the footpath - NO! , he left it there and walked away.

saw a similar thing at supermarket while wife was inside.
a snotty nosed youngish women tries for a double drive through park, trolley blocking the second bay, she has the edacity to blow the horn thinking someone would shift it for her, angrily, she leaps out pushes it out of her way into car next door. and then parks and leaves.
I duly took a photo of said damage and her rego and left a note on car next door. Then I retrieved the trolley and zip tied it to her bumper. then sat back to watch the results.

haughty madam waltzes back around the front of her car, who knows what she did inside, drives off with trolley scaping along. Madam slams on brakes, leaps out, looks around to say what the hell was that noise, discovers her 'passenger' drives off again with it being dragged along, With the tune of by now several car horns wishing her a ba happy and safe trip home.

Then went into supermarket and informed them that said vehicle had stolen one of their trolleys.

Dont mess with bored older people

NCArcher
15th October 2021, 08:13 AM
This clip appeared in our morning on-line newspaper.
Watch to the end.
Pete

Viral Video Of Woman Struggling To Parallel Park Has A Hilarious Twist - YouTube (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xKyfajcKSwo)

You know it's not real right? It's a skit. Filmed for TikTok.

Glider
15th October 2021, 08:41 AM
You know it's not real right? It's a skit. Filmed for TikTok.

Art imitates life, eh?

mick

Boringgeoff
15th October 2021, 09:42 AM
Tonyz, you realise that your activity was all captured on their cctv?

Cheers,
Geoff.

Tonyz
19th October 2021, 07:58 AM
Tonyz, you realise that your activity was all captured on their cctv?

Cheers,
Geoff.

YAHHH :cool: Iam famous :D

BobL
19th October 2021, 09:15 AM
Many years ago on a cold wet winters evening I pulled into our local fast food chicken place and parked the car in the 1/2 full carpark.

I went in, got my chock and jumped back in the van.

Carpark space was tight (no reversing camera back the) and as I backed out of my parking space heard a ker-lunk and realised I had hit the pickup in the opposite bay. I pulled forward and stopped and got out to inspect damage.

No damage, but I realised that my tow ball (my tow bar poked out quite a bit) had hooked itself under the pickup's bumper and it did not have its handbrake on very hard so moving forward I had half towed the pickup out into the middle of the carpark.

Somehow I aged too unhook the ball and get past the pickup and rapidly drove off.

I can just imagine the pickup owners face when he came out to see his vehicle in the middle of the car park

A Duke
19th October 2021, 09:37 AM
Hi,
Just some of what we are saved from. besides Covid 19 by lock down.
Regards