PDA

View Full Version : camellia oil

white100
9th December 2005, 06:53 PM
Camellia Oil and its component of fatty acid are much similar to those of Olive Oil, which is considered worldwide the best edible woody oil. And the Camellia Oil contains higher unsaturated fatty acid than Olive Oil. So we can say that Camellia Oil is the best edible woody oil, which is hard to deteriorate due to its extremely low acid number.The Camellia Oil is taken from the seeds of camellia tree in the forest and extracted with modern technology. Camellia Oil contains 82.3% acid and over 94% unsaturated fatty acid. It is cool-natured and has the effect of detoxicating, homeostasis and lowering the blood pressure, eating it often can prevent you from such diseases as the cirrhosis of blood vessel, hypertension, coronary heart disease etc. It can also be used to cure the burn, to nourish the skin and to prevent chronic eczema and chap. It is the best material for making oleamide, cosmetic and medical products.Shanghai Youngsun Foods CO.LTDAddress: Room 3, Floor 17, Jianyin Plaza, No. 289 Zheqiao Rd, Pudong, Shanghai, ChinaTel:0086-21-58542391/51330653/51330654Fax:0086-21-583459737Website: www.goodoils.comEmail: [email protected]

knucklehead
9th December 2005, 08:42 PM
And to think I have just been wasting it on my handplane.

Go away

Termite
9th December 2005, 08:53 PM
Well if it's so similar to olive oil then I won't waste my money I'll use good old olive oil instead.........I hope Popeye does not object. :D

RETIRED
10th December 2005, 05:51 PM
I thought about deleting this but considered it may be of interest to some. At least he didn't spam the board.;)

Termite
10th December 2005, 06:27 PM
I thought about deleting this but considered it may be of interest to some. At least he didn't spam the board.;)

I for one am glad you didn't delete . I learnt a bit from the post, for instance I didn't know Camelia Oil was edible. :)

ozwinner
10th December 2005, 06:38 PM
I for one am glad you didn't delete . I learnt a bit from the post, for instance I didn't know Camelia Oil was edible. :)

Ah Glass Hopper.
As we wenture down the path of life, many many stange things come to our attention.

Like...............dim sums...................

Al :)

Termite
10th December 2005, 06:51 PM
Ah Glass Hopper.
As we wenture down the path of life, many many stange things come to our attention.

Like...............dim sums...................

Al :)

Yeah, I was pretty dim at sums when I went to school. :p :D

La truciolara
10th December 2005, 10:31 PM
...Camellia Oil contains 82.3% acid and over 94% unsaturated fatty acid. ...
:D :D :D
the only product that when you buy it you get 177.3% of it.
A real bargain!!!:D

ian
10th December 2005, 10:45 PM
I thought about deleting this but considered it may be of interest to some.;)I'm waiting to hear how it cooks the fish & chips!

ian

soundman
10th December 2005, 11:04 PM
Is this our first mainland chineese poster.
Obviously wood owrk isn't a politicaly sensitive subject. Good thing too.

Pat
11th December 2005, 06:48 AM
I regularly use olive oil as a "base" when I am finishing a burl that will come in contact with food, ie larger ones that are used as fruit bowls. I also slosh about olive oil on a wooden cutting board whenever I get there.

I may try the camilla route on a smaller burl, does anyone know if it works with the Traditional wax, and is there any colour changing of the burl?

Thanks to for not deleting this, as I would have only used camilla on my tools. Who would have thunk it!

scooter
11th December 2005, 01:15 PM
After painstakingly scraping built up olive oil off the surface of a "butcher's block" given to us by friends, I'd recommend against it.

I know oil choices for food serving items has been done to death here before so I'll leave recommendations alone.

On a different note, I love dim sims (marathon brand) but it amuses me the ingredients list mentions "beef or lamb" :D At least they're narrowing it down to 2 species, not to mention excluding moggies & doggies :p

Cheers.................Sean, feeling peckish now :)

Wizened of Oz
11th December 2005, 10:04 PM
All together now (to the tune of "Darling Clementine")

Any ailment from a gumboil to a dislocated spine
You can fix it in a moment with this oil of mine.

Kind regards
Brian the cynic

PassingBy
23rd January 2013, 02:16 PM
Well if it's so similar to olive oil then I won't waste my money I'll use good old olive oil instead.........I hope Popeye does not object. :D

From long experience, olive oil goes very sticky within a couple of months or less. OK to cook/eat with, but . . .

Thanks to the above post I understand why Japanese tool makers use camellia oil, and why Carba-Tec always stock it.

I finally loosened my purse strings enough to buy a bottle from them . . .

. . . and I'm a total convert.

My (japanese, cheap for them) saws just never dry off now, and it is so very fine that a single spay will cover a very big area. (4 pumps of the spray consume approx 1 gram only.)

But info for you blokes: Buy your lady a spray bottle (about $25, elegant Japanese Kanji, it looks like a makeup bottle) and suggest she add one to three pumps to each dollop she uses of her moisturiser, and gracefully accept the showering thanks later. The oil acts as an extender and absorption improver to every moisturiser that I use, and only one of them (Aldi's Renew) is *not better for some being added.

My tools get a little of it ~~ I get a lot. :clap3:

Somewhere in Sydney there is someone selling it a half a litre for $16, but I've lost the link.

Thank you site Administrators for leaving this link up - my 75 year old skin feels like young again.

Enfield Guy
23rd January 2013, 04:02 PM
Personally, I don't like the stuff. Goes rancid and sticky on the tools. I find that lanolin is a far better option and a whole heap cheaper.

I've got a bottle of camelia oil that I now no longer use, anyone want it?

Cheers
Bev

BobL
23rd January 2013, 04:08 PM
. . . . Camellia Oil contains 82.3% acid and over 94% unsaturated fatty acid. . . . .
This does not add up.
If it contains 94% unsaturated fatty acid then it contains 94% acid.
I think it might be . . . . Camellia Oil contains 82.3% acid OF WHICH over 94% is unsaturated fatty acid. . . . . .

_fly_
23rd January 2013, 04:15 PM

The bird on that good chef bad chef program recommended it for cooking as it was meant to be better for you.
I've had Coles in Victoria check state wide and they do not stock it in ANY Coles store in Victoria (including the 3 super coles stores).
I've checked Woolies (5 stores) and they don't have it.
Checked a few health food shops and they don't have it and had never heard of it.
Check dozens of asian grocers in Dandenong and springvale, they don't have it.

Object to being ripped off and buying it as a tool oil.

So if anyone finds any in Victoria, let me know where please.

Pat
23rd January 2013, 05:14 PM
Try here (http://shop.newdirections.com.au/epages/newdirections.sf/en_AU/?LastViewObjectID=37359&ViewAction=View&ChangeAction=&Quantity=1&ChangeObjectID=52419&x=48&y=11) for reasonable price.

Sawdust Maker
23rd January 2013, 08:18 PM
I got my bottle of "virgin" camelia oil from the trendy natural section of Coles - but that was a couple of years ago

_fly_
23rd January 2013, 08:48 PM
Try here (http://shop.newdirections.com.au/epages/newdirections.sf/en_AU/?LastViewObjectID=37359&ViewAction=View&ChangeAction=&Quantity=1&ChangeObjectID=52419&x=48&y=11) for reasonable price.
I'll check it out and see what shipping is like.
Thanks

I got my bottle of "virgin" camelia oil from the trendy natural section of Coles - but that was a couple of years ago
Maybe, but coles victoria does not stock it in any store at all.

Scribbly Gum
23rd January 2013, 09:05 PM
I'll check it out and see what shipping is like.
Thanks

Maybe, but coles victoria does not stock it in any store at all.

Like Nick, I bought a couple of bottles from Coles more than a couple of years back.
It was in the Asian Foods section and was called Camelia Tea Oil.
There is a discussion of it when I last remember it coming up - HERE (http://www.woodworkforums.com/f152/camellia-oil-62257/).

Cheers
SG

dai sensei
23rd January 2013, 10:12 PM
Did anyone notice this thread is from 2005!

Scribbly Gum
23rd January 2013, 10:18 PM

Ha ha - dejavuvu!
You know when you are getting old because you start talking about things that you've never discussed before - again!:U

johnredl
24th January 2013, 08:39 AM
I've found that importing it from toolsfromjapan works out almost as cheap as buying it over here.

Sawdust Maker
24th January 2013, 08:58 AM

Only you apparently :doh:

Old Croc
24th January 2013, 02:30 PM
Personally, I don't like the stuff. Goes rancid and sticky on the tools. I find that lanolin is a far better option and a whole heap cheaper.

I've got a bottle of camelia oil that I now no longer use, anyone want it?

Cheers
Bev

Bev, i have found this the best stuff to use here in NQ, but I rub it on, leave for an hour or so, and buff it off. It then tends to harden up, and it is much better than Silverglide up here,
I bought my bottle from Woolies, but they no longer stock it, but we could track it down from the label.
rgds,
Crocy.