PDA

View Full Version : Moving PIC'S

disco
11th December 2005, 11:47 AM
:eek: Any of you guy's could tell me how to move pic's from image station or any other storage facility'Im having problems moving them to this site. Sooooo... midge old son...No tell ...No pics of Wee Seal.:o

Thanks in advance
Cheers
Disco in melbourne

bitingmidge
11th December 2005, 12:39 PM
Disco,

I know embedded images look cool and a lot of guys post that way, with the image inline, but if you ever forget to pay your image station dues or the account runs out or whatever, the images are lost from the archives here.

So, get the original images on your machine, change the size to something managable, say 6-800 pixels wide, and the image size to less than 100 kb, then scroll down below the "Reply" box to the "Additional Options" one below, and click "Manage Attachments".

A new popup box appears with five buttons, each of which can be used to choose an image. When you have your images chosen, hit "upload", wait till they are, then close the window.

Submit your reply, then wait for us to tell you how clever you are!

Cheers,

P (if you are having trouble changing the size, get back and someone will guide you through the process.)

:D

echnidna
11th December 2005, 12:43 PM
As well as that getting pics from another url can really slow down the time it takes to open these forum pages which is important specially to our members on dialup.

disco
11th December 2005, 06:14 PM
W'eeell.. I've done what Midge has said so I hope the attached file's are at the bottom of page when I push the reply button'OR extreme...:o :o :o .So Old is me name' Duffer is me game....
Cheers
Disco in Melbourne :D

bitingmidge
11th December 2005, 06:18 PM
Like a champion!

And the boats pretty good too! So you really aren't too far off finishing are you (says the bloke who just spent an entire weekend producing the sum total of two 400 long curved deck beams)

Cheers,

P:D

Daddles
12th December 2005, 08:40 AM
Looking good disco. :D

Your bench arrangement is similar to what I'm doing with my Yellowtail. How are the hatches held closed?

Richard

namtrak
12th December 2005, 09:48 AM
Disco? Asking this lot about moving pictures? What about me? It isn't fair, I've had enough

:rolleyes:

disco
12th December 2005, 01:32 PM
Stainless hinges and wooden turnlocks Daddle's .The benches are coming out [their only stitch glued in] and I'm going to build in side decks and coaming with a possible fold down spray hood.
A boat building book containing deck construction and principles is what I'm after'[Tis 3 hour turn a round to the bookshop]as I'm not building to plans now.
D'ont know if to use laminated meranti or ply yet for the knee;s
Any book suggestions by the forum would be apprec....
Cheers
Disco in melbourne:D

Daddles
12th December 2005, 04:22 PM
The turnlocks - will they be raised or do you have something that is flush or below the seat? I'm thinking of people parking their bottoms on them :eek:

As for the knees - laminate them. They look really trick. You laminate the curved part (make it roughly square), then fill in behind them with solid wood. Fantastic when bright, particularly if you use constrasting strips of wood and easy to do relative to the rest of the boat :D

Richard

bitingmidge
12th December 2005, 04:29 PM
A boat building book containing deck construction and principles is what I'm after'[Tis 3 hour turn a round to the bookshop]as I'm not building to plans now.

Gougeon Brothers on Boat Construction: Wood and West System Materials (Hardcover) by Mead Gougeon.

These blokes invented the West System, and if there is such a thing as a boat building manual, this is it.

Of course it'll take you through other things you've already done, but it's worth the read.

Cheers,

P

disco
12th December 2005, 06:25 PM
Arc'd up boat books aust web site,...not listed .Where is best place to make enquiries midge.
Cheers
Disco in melbourne :)

bitingmidge
12th December 2005, 06:49 PM
All the Aus suppliers I checked are out of stock as are a few of the US ones.

Amazon has them though, so it'd be worth a tug.

The current edition seems to be #5 and I guess they must be ready for another reprint.

Worth hanging out for the post from Amazon.

Cheers,

P
:D

disco
12th December 2005, 10:04 PM
Thanks for the info midge,..The juniors said they will buy it for me for chrissy...So I'll take some more pic's when I roll Wee Seal CAITLYN out of the shed and post them for you to see.....And Daddles I'm building a goer not a show..er ,Sooo...the paint brush will be waved around a lot ;) . The mast and extra bits are made and the sails are bagged up 'so there is not a lot to do.I've just finished machining and fabricating the gudgeons and pintals for the rudder.So when the decks done,I'll pre fabricate the outboard well and bog it in.
Is the wooden boat festival on in SA in 96 ,if so I'm coming over.I was going to Goolwa last march,but we moved house[I'm 5 min from the launching ramp now] so I could not meet up with otherWee Seal owners.
Cheers
Disco in Melbourne :D
One of the worlds most livable cities ;)