PDA

View Full Version : Information Sort - Arachnoid Cyst

Andraax
13th December 2005, 01:09 PM
My 9yo daughter has recently been diagnosed with and Arachnoid Cyst. :(

I have done a heap of research on the net and know the technical side of it fairly well. :)

I am now trying to touch bases with anyone who has children who suffer this condition or have had it themselves.

It seams to be treatable but I would like to talk to others whom have gone through this and get an idea what they had to endure. :confused:

Esp. in the ACT

dan_tom
13th December 2005, 02:39 PM
Hi Andraax

Try the Arachnoid Cyst Foundation at http://arachnoidcyst.org/ or your local cancer council, they may be able to point you in the right direction. Or ask your daughter's neurologist or nurse about local support groups. Sometimes there are online groups, which are less confronting in the initial stages of information finding and you can feel free to ask dumb questions (like I do on this woodworking forum!).

Cheers
Dan

Andraax
13th December 2005, 02:52 PM
Thanks Dan,

Already been to that site - not very helpful IMHO as the person who writes has a chip on her shoulder. Very biased view saying what you cant do but very little about what you can do. Sort of 'your normal life has now ended get used to it' - I wont accept that.

The neurologist has given me some online groups but none are in the ACT, and I would love to speak to someone face to face.

meerkat
14th December 2005, 08:27 AM
Very biased view saying what you cant do but very little about what you can do. Sort of 'your normal life has now ended get used to it' - I wont accept that.

Hi Andraax

and nor should you.

Good on you for not accepting this negative view.

All the best for your daughter and of course you and the rest of the family as well.

Andrew