PDA

View Full Version : You spent how much

Jim Carroll
9th February 2022, 06:59 PM
Had a chuckle with a customer today, He did not want to tell his wife how much he had spent, I told him it is ok to let her know exactly how much you spent. This way when she killed you she would know how much to sell the goods for.
He got a real chuckle out of that.
The other side of this is that most women will not kill you as that is too quick, they would rather drag it out of you slowly.
Luckily Irene can see the benefit of me buying new toys:U

aldav
9th February 2022, 07:09 PM
In the early days Kath would ask me fairly regularly why I needed more tools 'when I already had so many'. This changed dramatically when she started jewellery making and silver smithing, suddenly I would be asked whether I had a tool that could do this or that. The only downside is that there are a number of tools that I previously owned that have never been seen again. :~ :C

Jim Carroll
9th February 2022, 08:47 PM
I can totally relate to this, there is times I know I have put a tool down in a certain spot to go and get it and it has levitated into some one else craft room.

Simplicity
9th February 2022, 09:08 PM
Jim,
You could possibly run a very lucrative side line business,

By saying to your customers i can print you a “happy receipt” for an extra $10 cash if you like [emoji6].

Rekon you could make a hundred a week with that.

Cheers Matt.

China
10th February 2022, 12:13 AM
Ah well I'm well in front my partner Cait just bought a $ 89,000 Mustang

woodPixel
10th February 2022, 01:09 AM
I've a highly detailed spreadsheet in case I kick the bucket.

Its both a boon and curse :)

Mobyturns
10th February 2022, 08:05 AM
I know plenty of wood turners & wood workers work on the basis "better to ask for forgiveness than permission." :D

However the total price of that item may turn out to be quite expensive, when the emotional costs are added in. :oo: