bdar
14th December 2005, 11:59 PM
A Parker Style Pen from Musk Burl.

Cheers

Darren

Wood Butcher
15th December 2005, 08:24 AM
Fantastic Darren.

I really like the colour and texturing of that timber, looks great!!

Dave52
15th December 2005, 12:29 PM
Nice work bdar, I have just stared making pens, good fun, people likem.dave52

darley56
15th December 2005, 09:28 PM
Great pens Darren is it the piece you show me at the wood show in Bundy when we meet?

bdar
15th December 2005, 09:35 PM
Great pens Darren is it the piece you show me at the wood show in Bundy when we meet?

Hi Serge

Yes it is. Wanted to get them out of the way and finished. CA finish to 2500 wet and dry using wet sanding. I know got to get MM, getting that organised but won't be doing much until end of January next year. There is a nice patch of birdseye in the piece. What length to you need for a set of Barons. Email me a I will cut some for you. :)

ele__13
15th December 2005, 09:52 PM
Hey Mr Darren ..... love the Pens they look so goood will speak to u boutthem in person wantingt o know if u can make something special
cheers jules

bdar
16th December 2005, 12:55 AM
Hey Mr Darren ..... love the Pens they look so goood will speak to u boutthem in person wantingt o know if u can make something special
cheers jules

Hey Jules,

Thanks for the kind words. I think they turned out ok still experimenting with CA finish. Still like BLO/CA finish at times. Will get an even better finish when I get some micro mesh from the States. Better than wet and dry. My customers were happy and I got a $400 piece of timber for nothing, I think it was a fair trade for 5 pens.

You know where I'm at, if I not I be hiding say noooo Christmas has been cancelled go away. :D
Cheers
Dar