PDA

View Full Version : Corn Cob Pens

darley56
15th December 2005, 09:51 PM
Here's some corn cob pen as some people are interested to do some, enjoy

Dean
15th December 2005, 10:58 PM
Very nice.
What is your process of preparing the cobs? After eating that is :)

bdar
16th December 2005, 12:45 AM
Serge,
Nice cobs like the closed end cigar the best. I've got some cigars coming so I will do the cob as a cigar. Does Johnny's cobs allow for dying or do think it is best to leave natural.
Darren

China
16th December 2005, 01:18 AM
darley56
Those pens are great,it is good to see someone doing somthing different

Wood Butcher
16th December 2005, 08:31 AM
I've never seen corn cob truned before and the pattern is fantastic.
Well done Darley

darley56
16th December 2005, 09:28 AM
Thanks for the comments,

Dean for any reason I never have a good result with the corn cob we got here in OZ land those corn cob I buy then from the States, they 're nice and dry, the preparation is not dificult drill and use lot of CA, I use medium CA this process is called " stabelizing " expensive way when you don't have a vaccum pump to put your corn in liquide plexis, leave the CA to dry and turn and add more CA to finish I use MM ( Micro Mesh ) I start on 240 grits and finish 12000 grits, little renaissance wax and buffet on cotton wheel. hope this help

Darren you can dye the cob if you want but you have to turn it before then dye then CA, don't put CA first as it will not dye propelly, use very sharp skew, where did you get your cigar pen kit from? be carreful bushing of the cigar as 4 differents ID, I'm sure you will have fun with it

China
16th December 2005, 09:40 PM
darley56
Don't know if I'm a bit thick but can you tell what is ment by CA

Dean
17th December 2005, 12:39 AM
darley56
Don't know if I'm a bit thick but can you tell what is ment by CA

Superglue :)

China
17th December 2005, 02:25 AM
Thanks Dean obvious now you point it out, guess I must be a bit thick