PDA

View Full Version : Bunnings Table Saw

woodb woody
16th December 2005, 04:39 PM
Bunnings have the 10 inch table saws for 98 bucks.They only have them in the cartons at the local store Has anyone seen one assembled and are they worth the money for occasional use.

Grunt
16th December 2005, 05:06 PM
Any table saw that costs $99 will be a complete waste of money. Much better to use a circular saw and clamp a straight edge to you work.

Gumby
16th December 2005, 05:10 PM
Bunnings have the 10 inch table saws for 98 bucks.They only have them in the cartons at the local store Has anyone seen one assembled and are they worth the money for occasional use.

Excellent for cutting butter, or maybe you prefer margarine. Other than that, do as the doggie says. :D ;)

Groggy
16th December 2005, 05:16 PM
Bunnings have the 10 inch table saws for 98 bucks.They only have them in the cartons at the local store Has anyone seen one assembled and are they worth the money for occasional use.Yes, no.

woodb woody
16th December 2005, 05:35 PM
That puts that one aside for a while.Are any of the mitre saws on special under $100 worth looking at.

Termite
16th December 2005, 06:04 PM
That puts that one aside for a while.Are any of the mitre saws on special under $100 worth looking at.
http://www.ubeaut.biz/thumbdown.gif Good for looking at and that's about all.

redwood
16th December 2005, 06:17 PM
I got one the same 2 months ago but for $170 and it does me fine. not flash like the better ones but im happy with it:)

woodb woody
16th December 2005, 06:40 PM
I got one the same 2 months ago but for $170 and it does me fine. not flash like the better ones but im happy with it:).

woodb woody
16th December 2005, 06:43 PM
Horses for courses. I have a nissan Pulsar and it suits me fine . Anything less than a bmw would be sub standard for some

Gumby
16th December 2005, 07:19 PM

The GMC for around the hundred is OK. Not superbly accuruate but it does the job.

echnidna
16th December 2005, 07:55 PM
The GMC for around the hundred is OK. Not superbly accuruate but it does the job.

Agree with Gumby, mine works ok.

greg.smith
16th December 2005, 10:16 PM
You get what you pay for! My brother in law works to +/- 10mm while I work to +/-0.01mm. It all depends on what you want it to do for you.

redwood
16th December 2005, 10:20 PM
You get what you pay for! My brother in law works to +/- 10mm while I work to +/-0.01mm. It all depends on what you want it to do for you.

Greg what do you make that needs +/- 0.01 :confused: must be pretty good stuff:)

woodb woody
16th December 2005, 11:06 PM
With timber .1 of a mm I would be in woody heaven.

Harry72
17th December 2005, 04:34 AM
Depends on what youre talkin about... .1mm+ on a lenght of wood is pointless... but could be critical on a tennon or mitre!

Iain
17th December 2005, 09:08 AM
Mitre 10 have a CS guide with adjustable mitre for aBOUT $30.00.
If you have a saw could be a propostion.
Saw sits in the box and you just provide the push.

routermaniac
17th December 2005, 09:21 AM
I'm with grunt on this one. Save yourself the frustration and endless hours of trying to get the damn thing to work. Better off with a circular saw and a saw guide.

You will not get any sort of accuracy from that machine. The fence looks like rubbish and so does the mitre track/guide.

But if you're still tempted, buy it (its a GMC) and if it doesnt do what you expect, return it back for their 30 day money back warranty no questions asked!

regards

Marios

doug the slug
17th December 2005, 10:32 AM
But if you're still tempted, buy it (its a GMC) and if it doesnt do what you expect, return it back for their 30 day money back warranty no questions asked!

regards

Marios

but thats still a waste of time and petrol, one trip to bunnings to buy it and another to take it straight back. trust me its not worth it.http://www.woodworkforums.ubeaut.com.au/images/icons/icon10.gif

redwood
17th December 2005, 11:58 AM
but thats still a waste of time and petrol, one trip to bunnings to buy it and another to take it straight back. trust me its not worth it.http://www.woodworkforums.ubeaut.com.au/images/icons/icon10.gif

have you used one. i have one and its not as good as what you would have but i have limited space and money and a seperate chipboard table at the side and i clamp on a wood fence and not trying to push to hard and it works fine:)

Edd
17th December 2005, 12:37 PM
My ryobi table saw was about $300 a few years ago and it's a piece of crap. That's a bit harsh. It can be okay when you have the time to fiddle around to get it cutting square. If you are into anything serious, spend $1000 and make sure the rip fence has roller bearings, so it moves being perfectly parallel to the blade at all times. One for about $300 is pretty good, being fair. It has all the blade adjustments and if you hold a try-square against the fence it can do square rips. You get what you pay for and it's all up to your needs. A professional jointer/cabinet maker might spend $20 000 and have DRO on everything and it's all done press of a button, but you might want to sell the car if you go that far for home use. :D