PDA

View Full Version : WOOHOO! Hinges for the Box Makers

aldav
27th May 2022, 04:47 PM
Like many box makers I've often lamented the cost of quality small box hinges. Well now there's an option that, I think, provides the quality that we hanker for at a price that we can afford. These hinges have been developed with the assistance of a few well known box makers on the forum, and I'm pleased to present:

The Classic 8 Side Rail Stop Hinge

To celebrate the launch of the Classic 8 I'm making an exclusive offer to forum members of a sample pair of hinges for only $30 including tracked postage within Australia, a saving of over 25% on the proposed Ebay price for a single pair.

About the hinges:
- size is 40mm long x 8mm wide
- machined from solid 1/4" brass
- passivated, polished and plated with gilding metal
- positive stop at just over 90 degrees, pairs matched for stop angle
- rounded top knuckle, only a single 1/8" secondary mortise required for the bottom leaf
- supplied with stainless steel screws, #3 x 16mm, plated with gilding metal
- instructions for three fitment options supplied by email

If you wish to take advantage of this offer message me through the private message function advising your delivery details and include an email address and contact phone no. (for Auspost). I won't bombard you with unwanted email or pass your details to another party, never have, never will, so don't be concerned about having to supply your email address. I'll message you back with my bank account details for payment and advise the tracking number when your parcel has been sent.

Going forward, hinges will be available as a single pair and in lots of 6, 12 and 24 pairs at very attractive prices. Overseas postage will also be available at attractive rates.

Cheers,
David512297512298512299512300

pippin88
27th May 2022, 10:22 PM
Look great.

Can we buy multiples now?

aldav
28th May 2022, 10:00 AM
Yes, I should have thought of that. The prices for larger orders will be:
6 pairs - $188.80
12 pairs - $355.20
24 pairs - $704.05
All prices include postage and insurance. I'll adjust the price to reflect the introductory offer for a single pair. If you want less than 6 pairs each additional pair will be $32.

I'm also happy to quote on delivery to New Zealand, US and Canada, UK and Europe.

China
28th May 2022, 04:21 PM
Will they be available in in plain "non plated"

aldav
28th May 2022, 05:02 PM
Will they be available in in plain "non plated"

Unless you want to buy 500 pairs - no. If you do want to buy that many I can offer you a very good discount. :D The plating is gilding metal, a high grade brass with between 90% and 95% copper content, the remainder being zinc.

woodPixel
29th May 2022, 01:22 AM
Nnnniiiiccceeee

So this offer is for a SINGLE demo pair @ $30?

I'll bite BOUGHT :)

aldav
29th May 2022, 01:26 PM
Nnnniiiiccceeee

So this offer is for a SINGLE demo pair @ $30?

I'll bite :)

I can't afford to give them all away wP so, yes, the offer is limited to a single demo pair. :D However, anybody who wants, say, 6 pairs will pay $181.70 including tracked delivery and insurance. That's less than $30.30 a pair, which I think is a pretty competitive price for a premium product.

cava
29th May 2022, 07:55 PM
PM sent. :D

aldav
31st May 2022, 12:58 PM
Thanks to everybody who has taken advantage of this offer so far, you've been keeping me busy. :D

I'm heading away for a week in Queensland tomorrow. I'll let this offer run until 30th June, but if there is a delay in my response to any messages in the next week or so that will be why.

Cheers,
David

jack620
31st May 2022, 08:10 PM
Well done. They look great and the price is excellent.

aussiepens
31st May 2022, 09:12 PM
PM sent

woodPixel
3rd June 2022, 06:31 PM
Received.

VERY nice.

Very nice indeed.

They are wonderfully finished and show none of the machining marks or teennnyyy errors one sees in the #1 sample pictures. These are production quality and I'd be VERY happy to put them on my next box.

Looking forward to some final pricing Aldav (!!!) :)

(I'll get my son to take some professional photos)

aussiepens
3rd June 2022, 06:51 PM
Received mine and they look great. Ready to try on my box in progress.

Thanks

John

aldav
4th June 2022, 09:45 AM
WP, I'm not Mr FenceFurniture. We're all getting older, don't confuse us any more than you have to. :D

Cheers,
David

Received.

VERY nice.

Very nice indeed.

They are wonderfully finished and show none of the machining marks or teennnyyy errors one sees in the #1 sample pictures. These are production quality and I'd be VERY happy to put them on my next box.

Looking forward to some final pricing Mr FenceFurniture :)

(I'll get my son to take some professional photos)

woodPixel
4th June 2022, 03:38 PM
WP, I'm not X. We're all getting older, don't confuse us any more than you have to. :D

1000 apologies, I was thinking of two things and well... I mistook! :C

Scally
18th June 2022, 06:54 PM
This is my first set of the new Rail Hinges.

The flat lid meant I needed to shorten the screws so they didn't extend through.

The Jewellery box is a very old Australian Red Cedar and the inset panel in the lid is a special piece of Birdseye Maple.

I like the firm movement of the Rail Hinges. It gives the lid a solid feel.

Very good quality.

aldav
28th June 2022, 07:41 PM
Thanks to all the members who have taken advantage of this offer so far. I'll shortly have available some tooling that will directly relate to the fitting of these hinges. Firstly some Sutton 2.3mm drill bits, forum price $4.40 each, these are the ideal size for the #3 screws. Should be available in the next day or so. Secondly 8mm two flute spiral solid carbide downcut router bits for cutting the mortise, forum price $28.00 each. These are top quality HRA92.5 and will last for many years if properly cared for. Should be available in 10 days or so.

Cheers,
David

aldav
24th July 2022, 10:24 PM
Thanks again to all the members who took advantage of this offer. Just to confirm the information in post #9 the offer expired on 30th June, 2022.

Treecycle
19th October 2022, 04:59 PM
Will you be offering any more of these in the future or was that just a one off offer?

aldav
19th October 2022, 05:30 PM
I've still got plenty available Dallas, message me. I was very chuffed at the response to the offer though, a few members have already bought 18 pairs.

Cheers,
David