PDA

View Full Version : OzTooL - Great Prices

NewLou
18th December 2005, 09:27 PM
Gidday:)

Some great prices on powertools here:

(I've deleted the link in case this is a bogus website)

REgards Lou

Slavo
19th December 2005, 09:18 AM
I'm not sure where I read it but I have heard a few people cautioning about this site. It is US based selling US tools so there is shipping, GST/customs & voltage conversion issues. If you do a quick google you may find a few opinions.
Caveat emptor

NewLou
19th December 2005, 12:49 PM
Yup I just tried to call on their advertised numbers.............guess what I can't get through getting message "this number cannot be connected" Im going to take the Link I posted off our forum so that no one gets stung.

To make things worse this happened after I submitted an order...............I'll keep you posted on the outcome!

:mad: :mad: :mad:

REgards Lou

NewLou
14th January 2006, 11:29 AM
Bloody ()^)%$@^*(_&%+@:mad:

Well I've been corresponding with OZTOOL getting statements back like our warehouse manager is chasing it up etc etc etc we'll e-mail you back once confirmation confirmed yadda yadda yadda

Frankly though this is the first time that I have really been stung bad over the net ......................... I don't recommend it!...............it sucks!

OZTOOL have also mysteriously 'temporarily' (BAH!) shut down their webpage. Looks like my dreams of owning an 18volt Bosh Drill Driver has wafted into the eather....................At least temporarily:(

For those of you that read this thread the lesson I have learn't is if prices seem extrodinaryly low ring up the supplier and get a business No etc etc ask if local company and so on!!!

.........................MAybe I should get the Dewalt instead:eek::eek::D;)

Regards RippedOFFLouToYOU:mad::mad::mad:

Greg Q
14th January 2006, 12:42 PM
I'd get your credit card company to dispute the bill. If it's fraud you can try to get it reversed.

Bummer.

Greg

Shedhand
14th January 2006, 06:10 PM
Bloody ()^)%$@^*(_&%+@:mad:

Well I've been corresponding with OZTOOL getting statements back like our warehouse manager is chasing it up etc etc etc we'll e-mail you back once confirmation confirmed yadda yadda yadda

Frankly though this is the first time that I have really been stung bad over the net ......................... I don't recommend it!...............it sucks!

OZTOOL have also mysteriously 'temporarily' (BAH!) shut down their webpage. Looks like my dreams of owning an 18volt Bosh Drill Driver has wafted into the eather....................At least temporarily:(

For those of you that read this thread the lesson I have learn't is if prices seem extrodinaryly low ring up the supplier and get a business No etc etc ask if local company and so on!!!

.........................MAybe I should get the Dewalt instead:eek::eek::D;)

Regards RippedOFFLouToYOU:mad::mad::mad:
Try this Lou
http://www.mydv-ripoff.co.uk/oztoolwhois.html

Lists his Email and Home phone number. His Name is Jeremy Paridies.;)

Ivan in Oz
14th January 2006, 06:24 PM
Hey Guys,

Got a feeler out on a Bike Forum I'm on.
There are quite a few Septics who like the Oz forum.

http://morini.com.au/phpBB2/index.php

:D :rolleyes: :cool:

NewLou
14th January 2006, 08:20 PM
Yer M8

Get a few of the boyz there to go round and give him a visit I would consider it a persoanl favor:mad::mad::mad:

REgards Lou

simplicio
14th January 2006, 10:09 PM
NewLou,

I too was (almost) a victim of OzTool - in my case it had a happy ending... the tool, a Panasonic cordless drill, did eventually turn up - after 2 months of unanswered emails and after complaining to Google (for not vetting their sponsored links properly) and www.econsumer.gov (http://www.econsumer.gov) (a fraud monitoring site). Only problem was it had a 110V charger, so I had to fork out for a step-down transformer and ended up paying much more than just buying from a reputable Australian company.

The thing that really pi**ed me off was that I ordered thinking it was an Australian company (well the website had a map of Australia on it and a Melbourne contact number, so they wanted me to think they were Australian). I wasn't DUI either - and I know that Australian companies must show an Australian Business Number and must charge GST to locals - easy to forget when you see a good price.

I tried to cancel the order two hours after pressing the 'buy' button after a little voice kept saying 'you idiot'. When I called the Melbourne contact number all I got was a 'voicemail full' message or a recorded message saying use the web to contact OzTool in real time. Of course, the 'real time' contact facility never worked even over many weeks of trying.

The people running OzTool do (did) seem to ship some product, at least in my case - but very slowly and they seemed to view the customer with complete contempt. I even got an email saying that my details have been deleted from their database! - just bizarre - usually you're a life member after buying something on the web!. Also, the price was quoted in Australian dollars, freight free, but you'll find your credit card billed after a double conversion: AUD to USD, then USD to AUD so you end up paying about 10% more.

FWIW there is (was) a similar website in the UK with almost identical layout called www.nepine.co.uk (http://www.nepine.co.uk) and I think it has its share of complaints too.

On the bright side, you should still be able to get your money back by lodging a 'disputed amount' with your credit card provider.

Commiserations,
A.