PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone suggest what to do?

david.elliott
5th July 2022, 09:43 AM
Several weeks ago I collected an auction win of a pattern makers vice here in WA for a forum member from NSW, Nicaboo799.

As Aust Post could not assist due to it being over 25kg, the plan was for him to organise freight and I was to drop it to his freight company of choice.

Many emails, some PMs and a few phone calls later and I have been unable to get in contact with Nick.

Suggestions?

BobL
5th July 2022, 10:07 AM
Send him a message with a deadline and if no response sell it.

david.elliott
5th July 2022, 02:48 PM
Hey Bob,
Appreciate the response.
I actually suspect something has happened to Nick, or in his world, hence the issue. Up until I started not getting replies he was super responsive(?) replied to emails in a few minutes and picked up the phone every time.
REALLY want to avoid selling, in fact it'd be really handy for me.

DJ’s Timber
5th July 2022, 03:30 PM
I actually suspect something has happened to Nick, or in his world, hence the issue.

I suspect you might be correct there David, he was showing as last online on the 19th June at the time of me posting this.

All I can suggest is to put the vice aside and wait to hear from him or someone who knows him.

I’ve had this happen to me as well and after 2yrs, I ended up selling it on.

AJ.
5th July 2022, 03:53 PM
I have been in a different situation but vaguely similar in that I was holding someone else’s property. At the time I had to legally securely store the items for 90 days before I could do anything, so a similar time frame may be applicable to you, but not sure.

Do you know his real name and where he lives? A call to the local coppers might be worthwhile, maybe they can shed some light on the situation.

Cheers Andrew

FenceFurniture
5th July 2022, 04:02 PM
David, I'm assuming you have his N&A details?

Trying to think out of the box a little: he hasn't made any friends on here, so no use there. He is in Oyster Bay, which is not too far from Sutherland in Sydney's southern suburbs. I know a trustworthy member (who rarely posts) who lives in Oyster Bay (not a big suburb). He might perhaps be prepared to and knock on the door to see if anyone is there. That member last visited the forum 7 years ago, but I could give him a call or send him an email. If Nick is married, then it's likely his spouse would be home in the evening. He's 31 and I'll wager that residents of that particular suburb would have a 99% chance of being married at his age. Many homes in OB have water views.

Just let me know if I can assist.

FenceFurniture
5th July 2022, 04:03 PM
Do you know his real name and where he lives? A call to the local coppers might be worthwhile, maybe they can shed some light on the situation.

Cheers AndrewPrivacy laws would prevent them from disclosure.

Chris Parks
5th July 2022, 04:15 PM
He had numerous items for sale here Search Results - Woodwork Forums (https://www.woodworkforums.com/search.php?searchid=52324097) so asking anyone who responded or looking through the adverts could lead to contact details. I live not that far away from his suburb so let me know if I can help.

woodPixel
5th July 2022, 04:49 PM
can the mods look at the PM/chat history?

woodPixel
5th July 2022, 04:52 PM
Privacy laws would prevent them from disclosure.

I'd think that if you told them what was going on, with the dudes contact info, they might go bang on the door? Seems important, not because its a tool, but a bloke doesn't just disappear.

On the pattern makers vice, Id hold on for a bit, then if he remains incognito, flog it off on the forum.

DJ’s Timber
5th July 2022, 04:54 PM
can the mods look at the PM/chat history?

No.

AJ.
5th July 2022, 05:47 PM
Privacy laws would prevent them from disclosure.

They can tell you a lot without telling you anything. Like, Hang on for a couple of weeks and I am sure he will be in contact with you. Speaking from personal experience here.

Cheers Andrew

Chris Parks
5th July 2022, 06:15 PM
My link did not work for some reason so I suggest you do a search for his user name and it will bring up quite a few posts in the market place and some who responded or bought the items might have the contact details you need.

FenceFurniture
5th July 2022, 07:57 PM
It was 2 years ago Chris. The details are likely lost.

Chris Parks
5th July 2022, 08:22 PM
Possibly but a few PM's might find something.

Uncle Al
5th July 2022, 10:08 PM
My woodclub is in Oyster Bay and I am there several times a week. If you come up with an address, let me know via a PM and I will check things out.

Alan...

FenceFurniture
5th July 2022, 10:33 PM
So, never far from a Bay then Uncle? :U

Mobyturns
5th July 2022, 10:42 PM
Several weeks ago I collected an auction win of a pattern makers vice here in WA for a forum member from NSW, Nicaboo799.

As Aust Post could not assist due to it being over 25kg, the plan was for him to organise freight and I was to drop it to his freight company of choice.

Many emails, some PMs and a few phone calls later and I have been unable to get in contact with Nick.

Suggestions?

David, this link will give you some guidance on what to do

Uncollected goods | Department of Mines, Industry Regulation and Safety (commerce.wa.gov.au) (https://www.commerce.wa.gov.au/consumer-protection/uncollected-goods)

Disposing uncollected goods | Department of Mines, Industry Regulation and Safety (commerce.wa.gov.au) (https://www.commerce.wa.gov.au/consumer-protection/disposing-uncollected-goods-0)

Cheers

Uncle Al
6th July 2022, 08:35 AM
So, never far from a Bay then Uncle? :U

Plenty of bays in the Sutherland Shire!

Alan...

Cleokitty
2nd October 2023, 01:24 PM
Hi David. It's been a while. Have you solved this problem yet?

I never thought I'd suggest this to anyone, but, if you are a member have you tried Facebook? I don't use it but I understand there's virtually no privacy there so someone in the area will surely know of him and his current situation.

NCArcher
3rd October 2023, 03:54 PM
Lie Nielsen Twin screw vice (https://www.woodworkforums.com/f228/lie-nielsen-twin-screw-vice-256449)