PDA

View Full Version : One of the reasons I moved to Washington.

imdusty
20th December 2005, 12:55 AM
http://www.woodworkforums.ubeaut.com.au/attachment.php?attachmentid=16722&stc=1&d=1134989572

Robert WA
20th December 2005, 01:56 AM
I got a message today from friends in Vancouver, Wa to tell me they are freezing and may not be able to get to work tomorrow.
Down here in Albany, WA the temp was in the mid to high 20s and my grandkids went swimming in the ocean.
You are in a pretty part of the world. Rug up and enjoy it.
Rob

bennylaird
20th December 2005, 07:28 AM
Snow is over rated, the stuff is cold and wet.........

namtrak
20th December 2005, 10:01 AM
It's supposed to hit 37 degrees (celsius) or 98.6 (farenheit) this week and I'm out laying paving and building a set of retaining walls - I wouldn't mind a little snow at the moment :( :( And it's only December - doesn't really warm up until late January or February

Barry_White
20th December 2005, 11:14 AM
They reckon Tamworth is going to hit 39° C on Wednesday and with rain we have had here the humidity is atrocious so it will be a stinker. But I dare say Journeyman Mick will come and tell us how easy we have it.

Grunt
20th December 2005, 12:04 PM
One of the reasons I moved to Washington.

So you could live near George Dubya?

bennylaird
20th December 2005, 12:32 PM
Be handy if you do, nice lawns perfect for a Barbie. Get Georges missus to knock up a Pav?

keith53
20th December 2005, 01:05 PM

I'll have to take your word for that. I've only ever seen it in pictures or in the freezer of an old, not-working-properly fridge I had once..

bennylaird
20th December 2005, 01:08 PM
Next time I go up the mountains I'll post you some..........................

Termite
20th December 2005, 03:26 PM
Washington State, not Washington DC (District of Columbia):D

silentC
20th December 2005, 03:46 PM
They reckon Tamworth is going to hit 39° C on Wednesday and with rain we have had here the humidity is atrocious so it will be a stinker.

Heading up to Coonabarabran in a couple of days for Christmas. Good to see there'll be some nice beer drinking weather awaiting us ;)

bennylaird
20th December 2005, 03:48 PM
Anything above 24C is just a waste!

silentC
20th December 2005, 03:50 PM
Any more than a handful is.... no, never mind....

Termite
20th December 2005, 04:20 PM
Any more than a handful is.... no, never mind....
I thought it was mouthfull. :D

silentC
20th December 2005, 04:21 PM
Self censorship, mate ;)

ryanarcher
20th December 2005, 05:13 PM

different washington dude. in more ways than one.

imdusty,

that's mount baker. you must be pretty close to me.:) sign up on the WF map

Grunt
20th December 2005, 05:35 PM
I do know where Washington state is. Shhh. Don't tell anyone but I hold dual Australian/US citizenship. My folks were American (so was I, I suppose). Moved here when I was 10.

ozwinner
20th December 2005, 05:57 PM
Now your for it Grunt, and you told me not to tell.......:eek:

Al :D :D :D :D

echnidna
20th December 2005, 06:29 PM
Grunts a Seppo !!!:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

ozwinner
20th December 2005, 06:35 PM

But hes a nice one an we ARE going to keep him.

Al :cool:

Grunt
20th December 2005, 07:33 PM

Past tense. I only managed to live in the U.S. for 4 years of my life. They don't play real football or cricket.

ele__13
20th December 2005, 09:12 PM
But hes a nice one an we ARE going to keep him.

Al :cool:

Yeah i fink we should who else would have to stir ????

echnidna
20th December 2005, 09:27 PM
I hope someone gets Grunt a bike for Christmas.
That way he can work off his .......

bitingmidge
20th December 2005, 10:10 PM
24° was the temperature of the water when I went snorkelling this afternoonHERE (http://www.ladyelliotisland.com.au/) on my way HOME (http://www.mooloolababeach.com/) from visiting my job HERE (http://www.pavillions-on1770.com.au), which is why I'm not EVER going to move to Washington!

P
:D :D :D

imdusty
20th December 2005, 11:57 PM
<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->__________________

Snow is overrated. That's why I like to see it on the mountain where it belongs and not on the ground outside my house. I moved here from Wisconsin, where my family tells me it's very cold and lots of snow on the ground. I woke up at 4 am yesterday to 42 deg. f. with a gentle breeze. I think it's something like 7 below back there with a wind chill factor of 20 below.

imdusty
21st December 2005, 12:07 AM
bitingmidge
I have to admit you live in a beautiful land. SWMBO and I are planning a trip to your part of the world in the future. I just started a new job, so we have to wait until I get some vacations time, though. We went to Hawaii last fall, and although it was a wonderful place, I think I would get claustrofobic living on an island. After all, there's only so much to see before you've seen it all. I'm not slamming it, just explaining my personal preference. I could probaboly get used to the climate, though.

Somebody define Seppo!

ivanavitch
21st December 2005, 12:18 AM
Rhyming slang

Septic Tank (yank)

Then shortened to seppo. It's a term of endearment (really).

ryanarcher
21st December 2005, 05:16 AM
24° was the temperature of the water when I went snorkelling this afternoonHERE (http://www.ladyelliotisland.com.au/) on my way HOME (http://www.mooloolababeach.com/) from visiting my job HERE (http://www.pavillions-on1770.com.au), which is why I'm not EVER going to move to Washington!

P
:D :D :D

WOW :eek:

ele__13
21st December 2005, 11:42 AM
DROOL big time
love 1770 and agnes is so beautiful up there
happy xmas mr midge jules

Waldo
21st December 2005, 05:01 PM
G'day,

Last time I was up at 1770 was when we used to go on our annual 2 week fishing holiday in September at Burrum Heads back in about '86-87.

A time when the fish were lining up to jump on your line, a time when Burrum Heads and 1770 were just quiet fishing holiday spots for those in the know.

How things change.

Ahh the fond memories. Shame they're just that now. :( :( :(

bitingmidge
21st December 2005, 05:59 PM
Don't worry Waldo, the change is pretty gradual.

The road in was sealed about 4 years ago, electricity 8, unfortunately mobile phones were introduced about six months ago.

1770 has a development potential for about 140 households only, and one of the best camping areas in the world IMHO!

Agnes has had a bit of a spurt since the road came through, but it'll be a long, long time till it can be called "stuffed". The memories are just as good, the fish just as plentiful, only now you can get a hot shower, and drive in at 100 clicks.

cheers,

P

Waldo
21st December 2005, 06:17 PM
G'day Bittinmidge,

Oh I remember some pretty cold showers at night and the constant drone of the mozzies at night as they circled around your bed and some found a way under the mozzie net and made your night hell.

Glad to hear the fish still bite. At the time the winter whiting were a dime a dozen and very few under size, but what was even more plentiful were the rotten gar fish, good for nothing slimey critters.

Nothing better in this brown land than Queensland!

Back down the shed I go as I continue to try and get some toys finished for the nephews for Christmas.

imdusty
21st December 2005, 11:01 PM
Rhyming slang

Septic Tank (yank)

Then shortened to seppo. It's a term of endearment (really).

And here I thought it would be something bad! Sheesh!

Stompa
21st December 2005, 11:19 PM
imdusty,

If you want to learn strine check this out http://www.koalanet.com.au/australian-slang.html and you may be able to understand the lingo a bit more beauta.

Marty

bennylaird
22nd December 2005, 07:29 AM
Hust remember it's not just the words, you have to get your pronounciation right. Remember Aussie is not Osssiessss.

Termite
22nd December 2005, 08:22 AM
Hust remember it's not just the words, you have to get your pronounciation right. Remember Aussie is not Osssiessss.
Definitely not Ossies, the Bin Laden cheer squad yells "Ossie Ossie Ossie Oi Oi Oi".

I plagiarised that from somewhere in this forum, appologies where due. :o

bennylaird
22nd December 2005, 08:39 AM
Maybe Zed will have to change his name to Zee as well?

rrich
24th December 2005, 02:41 PM
Funny thing about snow...

When LOML and I moved from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania to Huntington Beach California, we decided that we NEVER wanted to see another snow tire as long as we lived. Now, when we fail to live up to that expectation, we just get on an airplane and go home. ;)

MathewA
24th December 2005, 10:33 PM
WOW :eek:

Thats just about all I could say when I got here and Midge drove me down to the beach. Just about everyday I head down to the beach to have a splash in the waves or a surf. Some one said here before I had made the jump to Aus that if I brought the Oneway lathe I'd not have enough time to use it because there was far too much to do out doors - how right he is. If I never see snow again it will be too soon

Milty
27th December 2005, 06:51 AM
Herewith a classic wish for christmas
A Xmas message - South African Style
May good luck stalk you & happines atack you wherever you go,may your miseries be hijacked and may they pickpocket all your worries

Merry Christmas all:) :) :)

junkboy999
27th December 2005, 12:37 PM
One good reasion to move out of Washington

:)

imdusty
29th December 2005, 12:20 AM
One good reasion to move out of Washington

:)

I have to admit, You got me there! I'm glad I don't live close to that. I wouldn't mind seeing it, though.

imdusty
29th December 2005, 12:25 AM
imdusty,

If you want to learn strine check this out http://www.koalanet.com.au/australian-slang.html and you may be able to understand the lingo a bit more beauta.

Marty

Stompa
Thanks for the sight. Now I'll be able to understand you blokes.