PDA

View Full Version : HEY... WAKE UP! What's goin' on??

ubeaut
23rd September 2022, 11:02 AM
WHAT'S WRONG FOLKS!!! :?
For over 15 years we have offered these Free Stuff Prize Draws and in all that time this is by far the least number of entries we've ever had 6 days out from a draw date.

Is there some reason that so few members are interested in the high quality, over $200 (incl postage) worth of Richard Kell sharpening guides currently on offer >HERE (https://www.woodworkforums.com/f92/sept-oct-2022-prize-draw-134-a-248528#post2290022)<.

I have them in my possession and they are really nice, well designed and engineered guides.

I have to admit to having never used a sharpening guide in my entire woodworking life. However if I was ever to need a couple for my planes or chisel sharpening purposes I would be more than happy to have either of the 2 on offer for FREE and donated by the amazing and most generous Mr Anonymous.

Ya gotta be in it to win it.

Cheers - Neil :U

China
23rd September 2022, 12:26 PM
Hi Neil,
I normally put my name down, not this time simply because I have no use for them, I sharpen everything free hand, have done for 50 years, if I have no use for the item I would not enter the draw.

BobL
23rd September 2022, 12:56 PM
Sheds maybe too full?

FEIE I've already got 3 guides and rarely use them.

Mr Brush
23rd September 2022, 03:41 PM
Ditto. I've already got a Richard Kell sharpening guide, so best leave this competition to someone who needs it !

taz01
23rd September 2022, 09:58 PM
Similar to the other comments.

I'd enter but I'm happy with my sharpening guide and would rather it went to someone who really wants it.

Regards,

Adam

Sent from my SM-S901E using Tapatalk

Sir Stinkalot
23rd September 2022, 11:53 PM
As always the prizes look great, but as a recent winner I thought I should sit out for a while.

homey
23rd September 2022, 11:59 PM
Similar to the other comments.

I'd enter but I'm happy with my sharpening guide and would rather it went to someone who really wants it.

Likewise.

Mr Brush
24th September 2022, 08:56 AM
We appear to have reached the Sharpening Guide Event Horizon.....where everyone has one, and you can't give them away. :oo:

woodg62
24th September 2022, 01:43 PM
We appear to have reached the Sharpening Guide Event Horizon.....where everyone has one, and you can't give them away. :oo:

Not yet! I've entered. And I say a big thank you to those who don't need the prize for electing to stay out. Slightly increases my chances.

malb
24th September 2022, 06:10 PM
Sorry, I also opted to stay out of this one as I have a different type of system in place and feel that I should not reduce the chances for those who could make good use of the items. I still appreciate the actions of the benevolent dictator and Mr Anonymous in making the draw possible. Thank you both and good luck to the contestants.

ubeaut
28th September 2022, 04:56 PM
You are all good people for giving others a chance and/or being like me and never having or needed them even though most of my woodworking time was spent using razor sharp chisels, carving tools, planes, spoke-shaves and turning tools.

:2tsup: