PDA

View Full Version : New Drill

RufflyRustic
23rd December 2005, 11:11 AM
HWMBO gave me my present last night. It came in a Big Red Box, uses batteries that are rechargeable and I just couldn't believe it. He wouldn't let me sleep with it in bed though :rolleyes:

It's a 12 volt cordless Milwaulkee drill!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and I know nothing about them. :o

However, I still think I'm the luckiest girl today :D

cheers
RufflyRustic

bennylaird
23rd December 2005, 11:23 AM
We are helping the son out towards his Milwaukee 18V Hammer drill, over $500 but heard nothing but good about them. Would have like to buy it outright for him but..........................

AlexS
23rd December 2005, 11:23 AM
Hmmm...
Started reading your post & thought I'd be wisest to let it through to the keeper...then realised it was a drill.:rolleyes:

Congratulations, hope you have lots of fun with it, have a great Christmas & new year.

TEEJAY
23rd December 2005, 11:25 AM
Congratulations :D

Santa brought me a Dewalt Scrollsaw :D :D :D

Cheers

TEEJAY
23rd December 2005, 11:26 AM
We are helping the son out towards his Milwaukee 18V Hammer drill, over $500 but heard nothing but good about them. Would have like to buy it outright for him but..........................

Geeez don't tell her how much her present cost - WOW :)

Andy Mac
23rd December 2005, 11:28 AM
I think your red Milwaukee makes my yellow Dewalt green with envy, you lucky lucky gal!!:D

Cheers,

RufflyRustic
23rd December 2005, 11:48 AM
Actually yes - please don't tell me how much the drills are, but I'm guessing they are very uncheap. I suppose I'll have to let him use it now ;)

Got you Alexs!! :)

Great present TeeJay! You'll have heaps of fun with that.

Oooo, Andy, red and yellow = orange :eek: I won't be bringing my drill over to meet yours :p

Can't wait to hear what you all get now.

Cheers
RR

bennylaird
23rd December 2005, 11:49 AM
They seem to exude quality, the guys at the shop rekon that they are more powerful and reliable than the DeWalts?

Just looking at my GMC sighhhhh, but my old Makita is still going great guns after 8 years.

Gumby
23rd December 2005, 11:53 AM
Thanks for the idea, I think I'll get my wife one of those !
:D :D

I hope she appreciates it as much as you did Ruffly. ;) :rolleyes:

TEEJAY
23rd December 2005, 11:54 AM
Go the mighty black and decker :o :D

Cheers

TEEJAY
23rd December 2005, 11:55 AM
Thanks for the idea, I think I'll get my wife one of those !
:D :D

I hope she appreciates it as much as you did Ruffly. ;) :rolleyes:

And new bedding for the dog house! :D You don't want to sleep in discomfort.

Cheers

keith53
23rd December 2005, 11:58 AM
Wendy,

They are uncheap but very good quality. I bought one some months ago and I'm very pleased with it. You should have it for years. My off-sider has an AEG cordless and the only difference between that and the Milwaukee is the colour. I believe the company was bought by Atlas Copco who also own AEG (or something like that).

Merry Christmas.

Cheers,
Keith

zenwood
24th December 2005, 06:44 AM
HWMBO gave me my present last night. It came in a Big Red Box, uses batteries that are rechargeable and I just couldn't believe it. He wouldn't let me sleep with it in bed though

Why not? Just the thing for bed-time...

You are very naughty, Ruffly.

Congrats on your new tool:)
http://www.kalyx.com/store/images/E_0501-23.jpg

doug the slug
24th December 2005, 11:04 AM
Oooo, Andy, red and yellow = orange :eek: I won't be bringing my drill over to meet yours :p
RR

Ruffly, i hope you arent implying that theres something wrong with my big orange cordless triton drillhttp://www.woodworkforums.ubeaut.com.au/images/icons/icon10.gifhttp://www.woodworkforums.ubeaut.com.au/images/icons/icon10.gifhttp://www.woodworkforums.ubeaut.com.au/images/icons/icon10.gif

Jill
24th December 2005, 11:19 AM
WOW, Wendy - I am so happy for you! Okay, so that means we can expect even more prolific production from you, now...?!! Maybe you'll have to give up your day job!

I haven't opened my pres., yet....but I know it came from the tool section of Bunnies, my husband and five kids ALL wrapped it together - and some hints from our youngest two kids were, "Mum - It's too heavy for (our 13 y.o.) to lift", and (our 4 y.o. trying to put me off the scent, as I sat in isolation in our room so I couldn't peek) "It MIGHT be a workbench, or...." It's about a metre high - so I am trying to talk the kids into having present opening tonight instead of tomorrow!!!

Have fun with that drill & Merry Christmas!

Jill

ptc
25th December 2005, 09:05 AM
All i got was a BLUE BACK scrubber and a big box of
liquorice allsorts.
But i did get a Black osillating spindle sander in October !!!

Muddy
25th December 2005, 10:12 AM
[quote=Can't wait to hear what you all get now.

Cheers
RR[/quote]

Just because I bouht a new Harley Davidson in August:D I am not getting any presents for da shed:o.

Jill
25th December 2005, 10:20 AM
Hey Wendy - my present in the big box was ----- SUPERJAWS!!!! Just in time for me to use when building french doors and wardrobe doors with next week!! I did get some lady-like stuff, too - just to keep those hormones balanced!

Merry Christmas everyone,

Jill

Corunetes
26th December 2005, 03:46 PM
Gee,

It's really, really red isn't it?

RufflyRustic
27th December 2005, 04:50 PM
Good Luck Gumby!!! There's always spare beds at my place if you need one.

Thanks for the info Keith - very good to know!

Ah Zenwood - I think I wear my second (red) skin a little too well some days :D - What a great picture!

Oops, Sorry Doug :o but I really Really like Red you know!!

Wow - Great presents Jill & PTC! I'm sure you will put them to good use.

Yep, a Harley is sooo up there with the red drill.

cheers
Wendy