PDA

View Full Version : More table Saw discussion!!

inferno6688
23rd December 2005, 09:58 PM
Hey everyone!!

I am about to buy my first table saw!
i am budgeting around $900, so 10HB is out of the question!!!

I am currently favouring the Hafco SB-10H, or the carbatec equivalent, which is the MJ2325B but its now got a 3HP motor i dunno if the model number is the same.

Hafco also have the Sb-10 which is the contractor saw version for $729, is it worth the extra $200?

I have searched these forums and i know some people have had issues with the table top not being flat.
Has anyone else bought one recently? has this problem been fixed? has anyone found any other problems with it? is the fence good?

Who should i buy from? Hafco or Carbatec? I am favouring Carbatec cuz they r open next week!! :D

Are there any other saws i should consider?

Thank you in advance and Merry Xmas!!!

Stompa
23rd December 2005, 10:25 PM
[QUOTE=inferno6688]

I am currently favouring the Hafco SB-10H, or the carbatec equivalent, which is the MJ2325B but its now got a 3HP motor i dunno if the model number is the same.

Inferno6688, just had a look at the Carbotec site and that particular model you quoted is 2 hp not 3 so that might help you decide.

Marty

inferno6688
23rd December 2005, 10:38 PM
yeah i realise that the website and catalolgue says 2HP, but the one they actually have in the show room is 3HP. so i am guessing they got an updated model. :)

andyfly
24th December 2005, 12:07 AM
Inferno
I have that saw but from Leeda in Adelaide ( with the upgraded fence) and
if you can get hold of the leeda badged version of the MJ2325B in Sydney go for it. My table top was dead flat and the saw was true "out of the box". If you go with the Carb model check the top at the showroom if it's not flat DON'T buy it , if they dont want you do this DON'T buy from them.
If you can afford it get the upgraded fence it is worth it. But don't forget the contractor style saws out there, check some other threads about the delta deal that is about. If its your first saw table and your working on a budget these might be better value as some already come with an upgraded style fence and the fence is the most important part of the saw (IMHO!)
good luck