PDA

View Full Version : What Did St. Nick leave under your tree

junkboy999
27th December 2005, 12:48 PM
Jello all

I looked and I did not see any post for any one to show off there Pressies from the Holidays. So I'll start one. Here we go, let see your gifts.

The Super Dooper Reindeer Pooper. :) ( jelly beans dispenser ). I'll let you guess what end the beans come out of.:eek:

RufflyRustic
27th December 2005, 04:26 PM
Movie tickets - gonna go see Narnia later this week
and a big red drill with a big M on it's big red box. :D

cheers
RufflyRustic

Ianab
27th December 2005, 06:08 PM
Santa was good to me... :)

I've tried it out on a bit of gardening and ripping a couple of table tops out of a chinese walnut stump.

I LIKE this toy :D

Ian

Termite
27th December 2005, 07:16 PM
New BenQ DW1640 dual layer DVD burner, and a Soundblaster Audigy2 ZS soundcard.

OK so I like music on the 'puter. :D

bsrlee
27th December 2005, 07:58 PM
An envelope of $100 notes:D

JDarvall
27th December 2005, 08:01 PM
2 pairs of Socks and 3 pairs of Undies. Each individually wrapped. :rolleyes: :D

Ian007
27th December 2005, 10:02 PM
two books, socks, chocs, hankys, wide angle camera lens,after shave,a cd & shed clean voucher from my son. all in all not a bad effort:)

Wongo
27th December 2005, 10:13 PM
Little Britain Series 2 :D

Harry72
27th December 2005, 10:22 PM
Woodpeckers Uni-Lift and $400 worth assorted bits'n'pieces to make a new super dooper router table!
New gym towel(im a sweater) and some money... Just won a $25 voucher at Northwoods!(thanks Colin)

Also splurged $500 at Timbecon on myself with the left over money from the overtimes I did to pay for swmbo's pressie!
All up this xmas I think I got spoiled a bit...

bitingmidge
27th December 2005, 10:48 PM
I've mentioned it elsewhere; a Samich Greg Bennett Ukulele!

But I'm not taking a Uke off my list of things to make and do just yet!

:D :D :D

P (eeehaa!)
I can't believe I told anyone! :o :o :o

Shedhand
28th December 2005, 12:15 AM
I've mentioned it elsewhere; a Samich Greg Bennett Ukulele!

But I'm not taking a Uke off my list of things to make and do just yet!

P (eeehaa!)
I can't believe I told anyone! :o :o :o
Samick?? I'd have kept it a secret.:D:D:D Sorry mate, someone meant well.

I got Mao - the Unknown Story - by Jung Chang, a fine bottle of Macallan 12 year old single malt whisky, an LG Super Multi drive DVD burner. board shorts x 3, oh, and a cuddle..;)

Skew ChiDAMN!!
28th December 2005, 12:41 AM
Profound relief that I survived another one.

Oh... and an incipient ulcer and a floorful of tinsel bits. :(

ryanarcher
28th December 2005, 03:36 AM
I got the most gorgeous Colen Clenton she-oak marking guage. :D Thanks Mate. you know who you are. :)

bitingmidge
28th December 2005, 08:46 AM
Samick?? I'd have kept it a secret.:D:D:D Sorry mate, someone meant well.

I know I'm leading with my chin, but it's a Uke for crying out loud!!
It's ok, it's perfect for leaving in the hot sun in the back of the car. It'll never be further out of tune than it was straight out of the box!!

I've got it in bits at the moment, so in a day or two it'll be worth about the same as one of those really really cheapies! (The new strings are worth almost as much as the instrument!)

I have a collection of instruments for pulling apart not playing!

cheers,

P
:D :D

Wood Borer
28th December 2005, 09:01 AM
I received a set of LN mortise chisels. Exactly what I needed. They live in a drawer with Huon spacers (made yesterday) with my Barr chisel. The Huon was from some pieces of old drawer sides. Some were a bit broken so I salvaged them for the spacers (Thanks Ozwinner for the Huon).

Meg received 33 DVD's for her collection.

Iain
28th December 2005, 09:14 AM
Glenfiddich, Hitchhikers guide to the galaxy DVD, not much happened this year as the little swine I was working for still owes me big time, and nowhere to be found.
SWMBO got two big garden hoses, thats what she wanted, ones that endure the Landcruiser driving over them without splitting, Daughters got a variety of horse gear, as usual and Miss 12 her 1st Bra (SWMBO took her out for that, boys excluded:D )

oges
28th December 2005, 09:19 AM
Some more cash as I requested. If I put a bit extra towards it I can get the Jet mini lathe, or I got enough now for the one from Carba-tec.

Im thinking I will go with the Jet. Apart from turning chisels im seeing what else I will need to get started or if it comes chuck n things already. Also seeing if i can get it cheaper, place in Sydney has it for $395 as is, saw one in Qld cheaper and came with a free chuck i think but then the freight would probably bring it up to the same price.

Tankstand
28th December 2005, 10:32 AM
Triton Superjaws!

Complete surprise!

I'd forgotten that I'd mentioned them to SWMBO ages ago.

Waldo
28th December 2005, 10:56 AM
G'day,

Some ear muffs when I fire up the d/c and it's accompanying piece of machinery, shirts, socks, book of plans and Sarah gave me two tiny G clamps (SWMBO said it had to be something small that she could carry - didn't think they allowed premies down to Bunnies :D)

Rowan
28th December 2005, 06:55 PM
mine was so bad that not only did I get nothing, .............but the tree it was left under wasn't even worth milling to get some free timber!!!:D :eek:

namtrak
28th December 2005, 08:11 PM
Little Britain Series 2 :D

Looks like that makes you the only gay in the village.

Bitty, Bitty, Bitty

Cheers
:D :D :D :D

DarrylF
28th December 2005, 10:47 PM
OK, so what's the rules here - do they count if you bought them for yourself??? :)

My better half got a sewing machine & mobile for her birthday (23rd Dec) and a nice necklace for Xmas from me.

I got a new car, a CMT 8" dado set, CMT 5 piece kitchen router set, CMT 13 piece router bit set, Jet tenoning jig, Jet benchtop oscillating spindle sander, Jet deluxe 6" jointer, Jet 10" left tilt cabinet saw, and a Vicmarc VL300 short bed lathe. OK, so all those I bought for myself :D

From others I got a Lee Valley medium shoulder plane, couple DVD's, couple woodworking books, a photography book, a couple of calendars and $100.

Damn good Xmas this one :D

Shaty40
29th December 2005, 08:56 AM
I got a carb-a-tec dovetail jig and a BBQ spit kit.The jig came with the usual 10 lines of chineese english instructions and the spit kit has to go back,because only half of it was in the box.

But l am very pleased with both.:D :D :D

Tim

Iain
29th December 2005, 09:08 AM
The jig came with the usual 10 lines of chineese english instructions
So now you will find 'it pleasing to lever better than screwing', thats what mine said, referring to the cam locking system:D :D :D

Wood Borer
29th December 2005, 09:34 AM
the spit kit has to go back,because only half of it was in the box.

Sounds like your spittoon was a display model :eek: :eek: :D

Zed
29th December 2005, 11:34 AM
a book entitled "who discovered what, when."

a swag of choccys

a book of roald dahl's short stories

a baby wrap made of wool in parramatta eels colours for the boy

oh... and a son (the best christmas by far)

Muddy
29th December 2005, 11:52 AM
Nothing for the shed this year.
But I did get a 100 year anaversary Harley Davidson Soft tail Heratige Classis.:D :D :D

Waldo
29th December 2005, 12:29 PM
oh... and a son (the best christmas by far)

Just replied to your post about Sarah, but I'll make another here...

Excellent news Zed! Congratulations to you, SWMBO and the little bloke!

AlexS
29th December 2005, 02:52 PM
Bicycle pump (OK, no smart@rse comments)
Voucher for a rafting trip

And for m'self, I bought DarrylF's old lathe.

Just George
29th December 2005, 03:08 PM
Gold Class Movie Tickets
Bunnings Voucher $50

TEEJAY
29th December 2005, 04:13 PM
A DeWalt Scroll Saw :D :D :D :D and a few hundred sailing ship blades and a book on scrolling by Spielberg or is it Spielman.

HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY.

Wife and kids happy too they got gold and Ipod and Thomas Tank Engine stuff - all good :) :)

Cheers

Wizened of Oz
29th December 2005, 04:37 PM
Book & DVD "Seven Wonders of the Industrial World", Veritas MkII Honing Guide.
And from me, Veritas LA Jack plane and Jet Bobbin Sander.

Kind regards
Brian (up to the ankles in shavings)

Harry72
29th December 2005, 05:53 PM
Nothing for the shed this year.
But I did get a 100 year anaversary Harley Davidson Soft tail Heratige Classis.:D :D :D

Whats a Classis? Did you mean Chassis as in a soft tail frame?(nice pressie BTW)

oges
29th December 2005, 06:26 PM
Whats a Classis? Did you mean Chassis as in a soft tail frame?(nice pressie BTW)
Heritage Classic i imagine

rocabig
30th December 2005, 07:28 AM
The large DeWalt sliding compound saw the one with the 305mm blade

RIchard:D

TEEJAY
30th December 2005, 08:31 AM
The large DeWalt sliding compound saw the one with the 305mm blade

RIchard:D

I've got one of those NNIIIIIICCCEE - enjoy ;) :)

Cheers

journeyman Mick
31st December 2005, 12:23 AM
Just being a pain here, but I thought I'd better point out that St Nick (Sint Nicolaas aka Sinterklaas) doesn't leave presents under the Christmas tree.:p He will however, if you've been a good boy or girl, leave a present in your shoe (which you would have left out the night before containing a carrot and/or some straw for his white horse). He does this on the morning of the 5th of december (his birthday). And if you've been particularly bad you may end up in the sack going back to Spain for a year of hard labour to teach you to behave. Nothing at all to do with Christmas I'm afraid. The Americans turned "Sinterklaas" into "Santa Claus" and made him a pointless fat dude in a red fur trimmed clown outfit rather than the tall bearded bishop in his robes.

Mick the pedant

oges
31st December 2005, 12:58 AM
He may be fat, but he sounds friendlier :rolleyes:

Ticky
31st December 2005, 01:42 AM
I had a fantastic Christmas. 4 days before christmas, a lady made a right hand turn without indicating directly in front of me. My Motorbike (please see Avatar) is know a blend of scrap metal & plastic. I learnt how to fly & went solo on my first lesson and while the landing was a little bumpy, a came out of it a whole lot better than my bike. Battered & brused on both legs mainly but nothing broken and skin in amazingly good order considering.

I got to spend another Christmas with my wife & kids. Sorry to show you all up but my family is worth bragging about.

Steve

Harry72
1st January 2006, 10:27 PM
As long as you're Ok, bike can be replaced.
Is her insurance covering the bike?

E. maculata
2nd January 2006, 12:00 AM
SWMBO & I made a pact this year, as it will be the year of renewal. The kids got me my favourite choccies, new valve caps for my race bike:rolleyes: a big CD case, had a great morning watching my kids enjoy themselves. The best a Dad can ask for really.
Steve (Ticky) every GPZ I've ever known has met similar bleedin fates, yet they are solid, reliable, dependable, and extremely popular bikes. I know I got hit by one at high speed (me RZ640 at time) very, very solid bikes:rolleyes: tore our little yam to pieces, and SWMBOs' shoulder apart when she hit the tar.

Ticky
2nd January 2006, 11:25 PM
Harry, your right there mate, & my plan is to replace it with a Honda CBR 1000F. Insurance is up in the air at the moment, While the lady admited to police that she failed to indicate, the insurance co., is being an insurance co. It should work out ok in the end, but it will be a few years before I can afford another bike.

Bruce C., Yeh mate, they are heavy little suckers & built to last. I had mine for 15 years & it's 20yo (& dead) now. Been to Darwin, Tazzy as well as day trips & shorter holidays. Sorry to hear about SWMBO's sholder, it's not the fall that hurts, it's the sudden stop at the end.

Thanks for your well wishes.
Steve

RufflyRustic
3rd January 2006, 10:34 AM
I forgot one of my favourite presents :o .

A UBeaut Forum hat with 'rufflyrustic' on it!!!! :D :D :D I'm not game to put my avatar on it though.:eek:

Thanks to the "Hat Writer", you know who you are.

Cheers
Wendy

JaD
5th January 2006, 08:58 PM
OK, so what's the rules here - do they count if you bought them for yourself??? :)

I got a new car, a CMT 8" dado set, CMT 5 piece kitchen router set, CMT 13 piece router bit set, Jet tenoning jig, Jet benchtop oscillating spindle sander, Jet deluxe 6" jointer, Jet 10" left tilt cabinet saw, and a Vicmarc VL300 short bed lathe. OK, so all those I bought for myself :D

From others I got a Lee Valley medium shoulder plane, couple DVD's, couple woodworking books, a photography book, a couple of calendars and $100.

Damn good Xmas this one :D

LA Dee bloody Dah:p ;)
This is what I bought for myself...A pair of new 'Safety Boots":D :D Possibly GMC Well, certainly Japanese;)17268