PDA

View Full Version : Eternally thankful, an Glue.

Simplicity
22nd February 2023, 03:21 PM
You know those two blokes who fortunately for us woodies an other craft peoples, possibly spent too long in a Tavern one night, many moons ago,an maxed out the coin bag at the Bar.

The two who had the idea that if they melted down old Bills dairy cow, in a big tup, she would be good for sticking bits of wood together.

Well I found there eternal resting place today.
An may they have an endless Mug of what ever they were drinking that insightful night.

Cheers Matt.
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20230222/8d5cb8ef5fd92886aa279a81730ad52f.jpg

rwbuild
22nd February 2023, 03:30 PM
.......well, they certainly had the hide to stick to their plan......
I"ll see myself out....

Simplicity
22nd February 2023, 03:46 PM
.......well, they certainly had the hide to stick to there plan......
I"ll see myself out....

No comment [emoji849].

Cheers Matt.

China
22nd February 2023, 03:52 PM
Glue pot about 180ks North of Adelaide

Pagie
22nd February 2023, 07:10 PM
And the rest of the cow was a BBQ.

EagerBeaver71
22nd February 2023, 07:39 PM
Hi Matt,

Many moons ago when I lived in England I used to go metal detecting, part of the hobby was researching area's, field & road names to give clues to past activities in the area. For example Butts Lane or Butts field could mean the area was used for archery. If 'Glue Pot Lane' had been in old blighty it would mean an area of sticky mud, not quite as good as your explanation though.

Simplicity
22nd February 2023, 08:57 PM
Hi Matt,

Many moons ago when I lived in England I used to go metal detecting, part of the hobby was researching area's, field & road names to give clues to past activities in the area. For example Butts Lane or Butts field could mean the area was used for archery. If 'Glue Pot Lane' had been in old blighty it would mean an area of sticky mud, not quite as good as your explanation though.

EB,

Yes England has some great names, I remember when I lived there, chuckling quite often at names.

Closer too home Wedderburn as Tit wobble lane, an a Teddy bear lane.

Cheers Matt.

Skew ChiDAMN!!
22nd February 2023, 11:09 PM
If 'Glue Pot Lane' had been in old blighty it would mean an area of sticky mud, not quite as good as your explanation though.

You don't have knackers yards over there? :oo:

I like to think that Glue Pot Lane would head over to the Old Nag Retirement Village.