darley56
30th December 2005, 06:45 PM
Well got my sea snakeskin and did this Baron with it in PR

Termite
30th December 2005, 07:15 PM
Absolutely stunning.

oges
30th December 2005, 08:11 PM
Thats actual snake skin, or what is it??

Looks great btw whatever it is

darley56
30th December 2005, 09:53 PM
Thats actual snake skin, or what is it??

Looks great btw whatever it is

NO KIDDING Mate I don't deal with second grade product, if you want some here's the place http://tinyurl.com/eyol7

talk to Nadine Sacher

BTW just read the title and this is what it's, I sell my pens and don't scrooged my customers with fake

oges
30th December 2005, 10:13 PM
Ok thanks, not saying its fake .. just never seen it before

bdar
30th December 2005, 10:40 PM
G'day mate,

Well I see you have had a better chance to get into your workshop and do more than I have recently. Love the sea snake skin, I think it looks better than the rattlesnake skin. Have a Happy New Year and your family. Thanks for showing.

Darren

clubbyr8
31st December 2005, 06:00 AM
Darley.

Where do you get the PR?

Bob

darley56
31st December 2005, 09:10 AM
Darley.

Where do you get the PR?

Bob
Bob I buy the PR from a craft shop we got here, but is expensive $ 34.00 500ml, I'm looking to try to buy by litre or 5 litre can to reduce the cost actualy now the price per pen in PR only and not adding the leather or any skin is $ 4.25 keep in mind that when you turn the pen 80 to 85% is waste

darley56
31st December 2005, 09:14 AM
Ok thanks, not saying its fake .. just never seen it before
It's OK brett I'm all way on the hunt of any things unusual and I have to try it, got some cane toad skins and will give a go one day

outback
31st December 2005, 09:25 AM
Nice pen. But the only parts I understood in your first post were pen and snake, all this baron pr stuff is all gobbledygook. Chuck a Pauline willya. (Please explain)

Skew ChiDAMN!!
31st December 2005, 03:49 PM
Is the snakeskin fairly thick or is it a lamination over the outside of a conventionally turned pen?

Either way raises heaps more questions... :D

I don't know that I'll ever try my hand at one though, I've a suspicion that it'd be beyond my finer skills.

clubbyr8
31st December 2005, 04:33 PM
Outback,

The Baron is a type of Rollerball or Fountain Pen kit. Available from http://www.arizonasilhouette.com/
If you scroll down the page you will see the kits and along with some Rattleskin pen blanks.

PR is Polyester Resin and if you go to http://www.penturners.org/forum/portal.asp
you will see some articles on the use of.

Regards

Bob

Skew ChiDAMN!!
31st December 2005, 11:04 PM
Wow. I'm doubly impressed. This is something I haven't come across before, it opens a whole new realm of possibilities. Custom cabinet handles anyone? :D

Thanks for the links, Bob.

outback
1st January 2006, 10:38 AM
Thanks Bob, Interesting, I've nvere come across this type of stuff before.
Another world opens before me. :)

Skew ChiDAMN!!
2nd January 2006, 11:47 PM
I am curious about how well PR turns though... and does anyone know if aging of the resin makes it turn differently?

I've a few old gearshift knobs I may play with before I decide whether to try my hand at casting.

bdar
3rd January 2006, 12:42 AM
I don't think age affects the turning quality of PR. More so the amount of hardener that you add to the resin. There have been some good articles as mentioned before on the home page of www.penturners.org (http://www.penturners.org) . Check them out they have some good tips in the making of your own PR.

darley56
3rd January 2006, 09:34 AM
Is the snakeskin fairly thick or is it a lamination over the outside of a conventionally turned pen?

Either way raises heaps more questions... :D

I don't know that I'll ever try my hand at one though, I've a suspicion that it'd be beyond my finer skills.

If you look the 4th photo you will have the idea of thickness, actually is 0.40 m/m and the stifness of cardboard