PDA

View Full Version : Brisbane Materials

ptyltd
1st January 2006, 08:46 PM
Hi Folks,
<O:p
Looking to start on an alteration/addition to my place and thought I would ask the question on peoples thoughts on the best places to source materials here in . I was going to be building a 45m2 extension to the house and a couple of decks to about 50m2. Was going to do a cut list/materials list for the major stuff like steel posts, timber and floorboards etc. and get quotes to (hopefully :) ) get reasonable value for money but was wondering what peoples thoughts were on sourcing things such as screws/nails etc. (figure it is all going to add up)? Also any recommendations on who to get to quote on the major stuff?<O:p<O:p
Thanks in advance and Happy New Year :D <O:p

Bluegum
13th January 2006, 01:35 PM
Hi Ptyltd,

Welcome to the forum mate and I am sure that you will find answers to all your questions here. Have you checked out Bretts timber and hardware supplies there in Windsor? Good spot to start on that side of town. I got a quote off them for 300 lm of ironbark decking, and they were a lot cheaper than here in in Ipswich and delivery was almost the same cost. bretts will have just about everything that you will need and will from my understanding will price match. best thing is the staff know what they're talking about.

Just George
13th January 2006, 01:51 PM
Also, as told here by someone I can't remember the name of - try Narangaba Timbers for your timber needs.

http://www.narangbatimbers.com.au/