PDA

View Full Version : Reef trip

dan_tom
2nd January 2006, 04:52 PM
Hi everyone

Tom and I just got back from visiting my parents in Mackay/Whitsundays area. We had many successful fishing adventures, catching sweetlip, blueys (tusk fish), estuary cod, slatey bream and the odd shark.:) Thankfully no turtles decided to nibble our bait, but we certainly saw a few.

We fished off Eimeo beach near Mackay and also Rosella reef off Midge Point. It certainly wasn't hard to catch a fish, both of us came back with cuts across our fingers from when the fish ran off with the bait.

I may look like a lollipop lady with my dorky orange hat and blue sunsmart shirt, but I was also the one who didn't get sunburnt...:rolleyes:

Hope everyone had a great Christmas and are looking forward to a good year ahead in 2006.

Cheers
Dan and Tom

zenwood
2nd January 2006, 07:07 PM
Looks like a great trip, some nice meals resulting and top shots too. Thanks for posting.

Auld Bassoon
2nd January 2006, 07:28 PM
Gee Dan, that fish that you're holding looks, how shall I put it? - "mulleted" :D :D

Lokks like a great trip :)

Cheers!

Gumby
2nd January 2006, 08:15 PM
OK , so you've posted photos with you and the bait! What about showing us what you caught :D :D

(WE have BIG fish down here ;) )

DanP
2nd January 2006, 08:23 PM
Gumby,

SSHHH!

Dan

PS. I'm waiting for the Souf Orstraylians to pipe up. Now they have HUGE fish.

Termite
2nd January 2006, 08:29 PM
I'm waiting for the Souf Orstraylians to pipe up. Now they have HUGE fish.
They call the Huge fish Whiting, I don't know what they call the Really Big ones :D

oges
2nd January 2006, 09:24 PM
Hope the others were wearing sunnies with that outfit ;)

Nice fish, looks like all had a good times

John Saxton
2nd January 2006, 09:53 PM
dan_tom great fishing trip by the looks of it...now when are you gunna invite the BB to a BBQ to help youse with all that there fish tucker???

Cheers:)

RufflyRustic
3rd January 2006, 10:41 AM
Hi Dan and Tom!

So glad to hear you didn't get sunburnt - Good job that as it's not an easy thing to do.

Great fish photos, hope they tasted better than they look.

cheers
Wendy

Harry72
3rd January 2006, 07:36 PM
Ounds like you'se had a good time... having parents there has some good advantages!
Can we come with you next time :)!

knucklehead
3rd January 2006, 07:49 PM
Does it get any better than that?http://www.woodworkforums.ubeaut.com.au/images/icons/icon7.gif

I had a job offer in Mackay but had to turn it down because the SHWBO didn't want to move..................oh what could have been.

Andy Mac
4th January 2006, 08:43 AM
Hi Dan & Tom,
Looks like a great feed, and a great time was had! Thanks for posting the photos.

Cheers,

Jill
6th January 2006, 11:14 AM
Hi Danielle,

Nice to see the face behind the posts, more than anything - but great fishing, too, btw!! Lucky you. We miss Rockhampton/CQ weather & the lifestyle that goes with it! My husband has rellies around Mackay & he was born there, as was our eldest daughter.

Happy New Year to you, too!

Jill