PDA

View Full Version : Canberra Recycled

Purse
4th January 2006, 05:53 PM
Hi, Im sure it has been done to death, but i cant seem to find any threads.. Im new to Canberra, recently moved from Adelaide.. Im after good places for wood supplies, new stuff and also recycled would be great!

Cheers
Purse

Auld Bassoon
4th January 2006, 05:59 PM
You could try some of the recycled turds and turnip heads that can be found in profusion in the strange structure in the middle of Canberra - the one that often has an Australian flag flying from a large aluminium spike...

echnidna
4th January 2006, 08:06 PM
Is little Johnny a woodie??

Fancy that:D :D :D

Auld Bassoon
4th January 2006, 08:12 PM
Is little Johnny a woodie??

Fancy that:D :D :D

Nope, just yet-to-be-recycled sawdust :D

Iain
4th January 2006, 08:28 PM
I think you are referring to the deadwood and driftwood that needs removing...

Zsteve
4th January 2006, 08:49 PM
Gee, another Sth Australian here, were taking over this place (don't know why though).

Re timbrer try Monaro timbers in Fyswick, or THors Hammer in Yarralumla. Some people in the wood craft guild here order from Trend timber in Sydney and they freight it down.

Regards
Stephen

Auld Bassoon
4th January 2006, 08:55 PM
I think you are referring to the deadwood and driftwood that needs removing...

Liberals and Labour, respectively?

Although what's liberal about the Liberals, and what anything to do with work has to do with the other lot of scumbags beats me.

Rusty
4th January 2006, 11:47 PM
Try www.thors.com.au (http://www.thors.com.au)

Regards,
Rusty.

Trav
5th January 2006, 12:33 AM
I use thors pretty regularly - they are good to deal with and have a good selection of recycled timber. If you want raw timber, try Monary timbers in Fyshwick.

And welcome to the centre of the planet :D )

Trav

Purse
5th January 2006, 05:11 PM
Try www.thors.com.au (http://www.thors.com.au)

Regards,
Rusty.

Get a nice warning when trying that page:confused: :( :

<TABLE cellSpacing=5 cellPadding=3 width=400><TBODY><TR><TD id=tableProps2 vAlign=center align=left width=360>You are not authorized to view this page

</TD></TR><TR><TD id=tablePropsWidth width=400 colSpan=2>You might not have permission to view this directory or page using the credentials you supplied.</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Rusty
5th January 2006, 08:29 PM
Yeah...I noticed that when I checked the link:o, but I thought it was just one of those things, since I've visited that site a few times.

Good luck finding a supplier!

Rusty

oges
5th January 2006, 09:09 PM
Nice recycling centre located at the tip there, its a pity they are turning it all into woodchip

Gra
5th January 2006, 09:16 PM
When they finished recyling the place, do you recon they could make a straight road somewhere...:D:D