PDA

View Full Version : G'day you mob

Trevo
16th May 2023, 09:32 AM
I'm Trevor , my trade is in heavy diesel , whilst in high school I built a wood lathe and used it a bit way back then , hasn't been used much at all for near on 40 years . My neighbor is moving away and gifted me a car trailer full of African mahogany rough sawn into 50mm slabs , so I've gotten hold of a saw bench and hoping to get a thicknesser so I can turn it into useful timber .

crowie
16th May 2023, 06:22 PM
G'Day & Welcome to a top forum "Trev".....
Their are a good few members in the NT plus the rest of Australia and the world.....
You'll find a heap of helpful & knowledgeable blokes & ladies on the forum and for most very willing to assist.
Make sure you show off your handiwork as everyone loves a photo, especially WIP [Work In Progress] photos with build notes.
Enjoy the forum.
Enjoy your woodwork..
Cheers crowie

PS - Enjoy the African Mahogany, beautiful timber :2tsup:...
PSS - Just watch out for the "Mitre 20" store in Katherine, twice the price of anywhere else I was told by a Army mate :C :o .....

Trevo
18th May 2023, 09:13 AM
Thanks Crowie , yes it's expensive at mitre 10 but it's the only option for about 280 k's , the timber I have is very nice , I can't wait to get building . Only need to work out what on earth a thread prefix is so I can post !

old1955
21st May 2023, 01:40 PM
Welcome to the forum Trevor.

Trevo
23rd May 2023, 09:26 AM
Cheers mate

JJF
29th May 2023, 07:46 AM
Welcome to the forum

Trevo
30th May 2023, 02:11 PM
Welcome to the forum