PDA

View Full Version : Help need with small slabs

Solaris
7th January 2006, 12:44 AM
Hi all

I'm working on a small slab to make a clock face from it (my first slab) and was curious about how to "seal" the edges.

There were a couple of holes within the slab face itself which i have filled with epoxy and sanded it once the epoxy has dried so there are no holes or splits but there are some really sharp edges which i also want to fill.

What is the best way to do this?? How do you stop the epoxy from running off the edge all together?

The epoxy i'm currently using is the Perfect Gloss which is really really runny. Should i use a thicker epoxy like clear Araldite?

Is there a way to make the epoxy thicker ie letting it sit for about half hour before applying?

Any advise would be much appreciated.

Cheers
Jeelan

ozwinner
7th January 2006, 07:40 AM
Im haveing a party this and next weekend, so bring your slab along, Ill be more than happy to help out.

Al :D

Exador
7th January 2006, 08:23 AM
Hi all

I'm working on a small slab to make a clock face from it (my first slab) and was curious about how to "seal" the edges.

There were a couple of holes within the slab face itself which i have filled with epoxy and sanded it once the epoxy has dried so there are no holes or splits but there are some really sharp edges which i also want to fill.

What is the best way to do this?? How do you stop the epoxy from running off the edge all together?

The epoxy i'm currently using is the Perfect Gloss which is really really runny. Should i use a thicker epoxy like clear Araldite?

Cheers
Jeelan

Clear araldite is fine, although not all that hard. Also, don't even think about machine sanding it as it will melt and smear over everything.:rolleyes:

TEEJAY
7th January 2006, 08:35 AM
If you go into the finishing section and do a search you will find what you are after.

Cheers