PDA

View Full Version : New Zealand - 8 0r 10" dado stack with 30mm bore wanted

karl savage
25th June 2023, 09:09 PM
Hi
Im after a dado stack for my radial arm saw (Dewalt dw721) either 8 or 10" with a negative rake
but with a 30mm bore .. CMT do a 8" with a 30mm bore and it aint cheap ..being in New Zealand its even dearer !
the timbecon one is positive rake and leaves cats ears either side of the cut , and as i will be doing dados from 40 to 100mm wide i want them as flat as possible
Thanks heaps
Karl

Chris Parks
25th June 2023, 09:53 PM
I bought a CMT 25mm set and had it bored out and because the cut then looked like a ploughed field I got a saw blade sharpener to assemble the whole stack, grind the assembly diameter and after sharpening it is perfect.

mining
2nd July 2023, 03:22 PM
Hi
Im after a dado stack for my radial arm saw (Dewalt dw721) either 8 or 10" with a negative rake
but with a 30mm bore .. CMT do a 8" with a 30mm bore and it aint cheap ..being in New Zealand its even dearer !
the timbecon one is positive rake and leaves cats ears either side of the cut , and as i will be doing dados from 40 to 100mm wide i want them as flat as possible
Thanks heaps
Karl

You just missed out on the Carbetec sale for the CMT was $100 off. Haven't used it yet but bought it. Not much choice for the 30mm bore (that I saw)
CMT Dado Pro Euro Lock Spacers | Carbatec (https://www.carbatec.com.au/cmt-dado-pro-205-x-30-x-12t-6mm-20mm-lock-spacers)

karl savage
4th July 2023, 07:26 PM
yes i saw that but they won't ship to NZ and the NZ Carbatec dont import it ! Go figure !
Thanks for the tip ,
Hopefully sourced a new timbecon dado some one purchased but ordered the wrong bore size ,just waiting for it to arrive