PDA

View Full Version : Vicmarc VL100 on ebay

Rebus
13th January 2006, 05:34 PM
Greetings,

I came across this ebay listing which may be of interest to anyone looking for a very high quality small woodlathe.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8251068854&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1

No relation to the seller or interest in the sale etc.

Regards,

Greg Q
15th January 2006, 11:11 PM
Yeah, I am watching this one, but something stinks:

The seller is registered in the uK.

Also, she has had four feedbacks, all from sellers. This is her first sale.
I asked her to see if I could see the lathe in person before buying,
what pick-up arrangements were possible, etc.

She keeps repeating the same thing: the lathe is the same as the picture that has been lifted from the Vicmark website.

So, she has no picture, won't provide shipping details or an address nor a picture of the actual lathe in question. All of these are the hallmarks of the scammer.

I'd only bid on this on a cash on pick-up basis, but I can't seem to make her understand that. Oh well. Nice picture-wonder what's really going on:confused:

Greg

hughie
16th January 2006, 12:31 AM
Hi Rebus,

Having done a fair bit of buying and selling on Ebay and looking at the track record of this seller. I too, would be a little suspicious of her "intent".

I note that she has been a member since 04 and has made 4 purchases and this is what gives the 100% rating, as an "Ebayer".

Not posting a current pic of the items present condition and the above details. I would watch and wait , but dont part with your hard earned $$$.

If it looks like a fish and smells like one.......
hughie