PDA

View Full Version : METRIC Scales on the way....Yippee!!!!!

Gwhat
14th January 2006, 08:21 AM
Great news.............

A belated Christmas present from Incra........ they have just reprinted their Metric scales and our supplies will be here in 2 weeks.

There are 3 different scales available;

1/ 0 to 400 mm

2/ 400 to 800 mm

3/ -30 to 180 mm (210 overall)

For simplicity they will all be $1.00 and the Metric (Green) positioner racks will be $3.00 each. Our web-site will automatically want to charge $15 for delvery but don't worry we will only charge the actual postage costs.

The Metric Upgrade kit for existing Incra 1000se Mitre Gauges will be $17.50 all new orders will have a complimentary Metric upgrade included.

Regards

The Woodworker

clubbyr8
16th January 2006, 08:53 AM
Grahame,

Will the upgrade kit for the 1000se fit the 3000se?

Bob

Gwhat
16th January 2006, 10:08 AM
Grahame,

Will the upgrade kit for the 1000se fit the 3000se?

Bob

The 3000se has a few extra racks and an extra scale, so yes, there is an upgrade available.....but as the 3000se fence extends to 48" (1220mm) and the scales only go to 800mm the 3rd bit of scale will read 0 - 400mm.

E-mail me [email protected] for a price and availability.

Regards

The Woodworker

Bulwinkle
20th January 2006, 05:26 AM
Hi Grahame

Just wondering if Incra are planning any Metric upgrades for the TS-LS 32 and Wonderfence?
(I believe this would be quiet comprehensive as it would involve the micro adjusting mechanism threads etc)

Have to look into the new metric 1000SE sounds like good timing for me! :)

Guy
20th January 2006, 09:53 PM
came across this thread http://www.ukworkshop.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=6258&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=45 have a look at the scales this gent created, maybe Graeme you might be interested in doing something similar to fit the scale trak. Wouldnt think it would cost much to get made up, maybe a member here could produce the scales in Autocad.
The pics are from that forum and i give the author credit for them

Gwhat
27th January 2006, 10:00 AM
Hi Grahame

Just wondering if Incra are planning any Metric upgrades for the TS-LS 32 and Wonderfence?
(I believe this would be quiet comprehensive as it would involve the micro adjusting mechanism threads etc)

Have to look into the new metric 1000SE sounds like good timing for me! :)

Sorry guys for a slow response, but it's a hard question as the whole 'lead screw' would need to be replaced. I will follow up again with the US and keep you informed.

Regards

The Woodworker

Auld Bassoon
27th January 2006, 06:06 PM
Hi Grahame,

I have an 18th month old V27 Incra T/S mitre guide, and I've noticed that whilst the guide bar (the one the fits into the mitre channel in the T/S top) is stable and wobble-free, the fence and whole rear end can distort by up to 1.5mm either way.

I've checked the securing allen set-screws, and all are tight, but the device no longer provides any kind of predictable accuracy at all....

Any ideas, or am I up for a replacement?

Cheers!

Gwhat
27th January 2006, 06:15 PM
Steve

I'm not sure about the issues you have mentioned, call me on Monday un 9776 1521 and we'll make time so I can drop in and have a .look. Certainly the first comment of tis type we've had. Incra I'm sure will have a solution.

regards

Grahame

Auld Bassoon
27th January 2006, 06:50 PM
Hi Grahame,

Thanks for that, I'll call on Monday.

In the meantime, being a Bassoon (!), I've slipped in an order for an Incra 1000SE Mitre gauge:D as I've been eyeing that up for a while.

Trying to cut some mitred cornice moulds this afternoon, and the inaccuracy was generating some interesting Arabic - especially as they are a group of languages that I don't speak. Politely. :eek:

I should also add that the mitre slots in my pretty ordinary Timbecon 12" contractor's saw might have been milled with a bastard file (or possible a filing bast@@d). Hhmphh:mad:

Cheers!

PS Thanks for the fast response:)

Groggy
27th January 2006, 07:27 PM
...call me on Monday un 9776 1521 ... I called this number this morning and left a message. I have had no response yet, did you get the message? I want to order the 1000SE kit.

micknews
27th January 2006, 10:03 PM
I called this afternoon re an order I had made and an as yet unanswered follow up email from a couple of days ago. I left a message, as yet unanswered also. Methinks someone is having an Australia day long weekend! :D

Mick.

Gwhat
29th January 2006, 11:16 AM
I called this number this morning and left a message. I have had no response yet, did you get the message? I want to order the 1000SE kit.

Yep, we took advantage of the Thursday holiday and made it a long weekend, it was Australia Day and it is the land of the long weekend after all!!!!!

We're back on deck now and will answer all messages ASAP.

Regards

The Woodworker

Gwhat
5th February 2006, 11:09 AM
(I believe this would be quiet comprehensive as it would involve the micro adjusting mechanism threads etc) :)

Bulwinkle and others who have asked...... not good news Incra believe that the cost and assembly logistis of manufacturing a Metric Lead Screw and matching 1/2 nut would be prohibitive. We will keep pursuing this with them but at this time the answer is no!!

The option I guess is to use one scale slot in the LS for the Metric scales and 'dial up' a metric position.

Regards

The Woodworker.

Gwhat
5th February 2006, 11:20 AM
Great news.............

A belated Christmas present from Incra........ they have just reprinted their Metric scales and our supplies will be here in 2 weeks.

There are 3 different scales available;

1/ 0 to 400 mm

2/ 400 to 800 mm

3/ -30 to 180 mm (210 overall)

Well I guess we've learnt not to be too specific on dates, production delays have held up our Incra shipment and it will leave the US on Wednesday February 8th, all things going right (including Australian Customs computers) we should receive them, pack and ship back orders by Friday 17th February.

Apologies for the delay, but they are worth waiting for

Regards

The Woodworker

Gwhat
2nd March 2006, 05:34 PM
[QUOTE=Gwhat]Well I guess we've learnt not to be too specific on dates, production delays have held up our Incra shipment and it will leave the US on Wednesday February 8th, all things going right (including Australian Customs computers) we should receive them, pack and ship back orders by Friday 17th February.

Apologies for the delay, but they are worth waiting for

Hi all,

They arrived last week and we've been flat out filling back orders, we have all sizes still in stock and will be supplying the Incra Mitre Gauges and Scale Tracks with metric scales.

We also received the first Metric Original Jigs that are hugely popular as they can be readily attached to a Triton table.

Regards

The Woodworker