PDA

View Full Version : Sharpening Tools

J Rowe
14th January 2006, 01:43 PM
I am waiting on the wolverine grinding jig to come in so that I can sharpen my tools. It has been my experience that I can take the edge off of a good tool in the past. For that reason, I ordered the wolverine grinding jig, along with the Vari-Grind attachment. As I understand this is a good system.

My hand tools are cheap. They came as a start-up set. I plan to replace them ASAP, but if I keep spending money on this hobbie like I've been doing I am going to find myself a single man again after 19 years.

Any pointers sharpening tools?

Thanks,

Joey

Do a good turn daily.

Termite
14th January 2006, 02:18 PM
Without wishing to seem like I'm avoiding an answer, if you click on "search" and type in "sharpening", you will get more information than I could type in a month. :D

J Rowe
15th January 2006, 02:39 AM
I should have thought of that. By using the search I have also found answers to many other questions that I have.

Again, Thanks,

Joey

stingray
18th January 2006, 06:54 PM
I can recommend a very good 8 inch grinding wheel, designed and made in Australia. It keeps the tools cool and gives me a good result every time. You can find them at various places but I bought mine from Leigh Ferguson at Wood-eze in San Souci, Sydney (www.wood-eze.com.au (http://www.wood-eze.com.au)). I use a simple chisel grinding jig (eg. Timbecon part CJ-04) and it works a treat. The better quality tools (eg. Hamlet) stay sharper a whole lot longer.
Regards,
S/Ray