PDA

View Full Version : Delta Table Saw Parts

newtowood
16th January 2006, 01:02 AM
Does anyone know where I can get hold of a replacement fence body for my Delta 36-650 table saw. I'm stupid, I broke the casting. I haven't even turned the damn thing on yet. Anyone's help would be greatly appreciated.

craigb
16th January 2006, 09:09 AM
Carbatec?

Gramps
16th January 2006, 01:44 PM
I'm stupid, I broke the casting. I haven't even turned the damn thing on yet.

Ouch! I know how that must feel, but don't beat yourself up, these things happen. :o

How did you break it? Does it mean that the Delta is not as strong as it should be?

Best of luck with the replacement part.

newtowood
16th January 2006, 07:09 PM
Thanks for the help, ordered the part today from Carby Brissy. I'll soon be underway, again.

NewWoody
21st January 2006, 11:53 PM
Hey Newtowood, I'm not sure of the circumstances of how you broke the casting but... may be the break was not entirely your fault?

I was @ Carbatec today and the fence casting on the Delta 36-650 broke off while the sales assistance was trying to show me that the fence was adjustable. The rear of the fence was leaning and he was trying to adjust it to lock better. It simply broke off without much effort on his part.

I was really surprised at the poor show as I remembered "old" Delta gear being of of industrial quality.:

That really put me off the saw in question. quality control issue perhaps?

Anyway, I really hope yours will be fine.

newtowood
22nd January 2006, 12:20 AM
I was assembling the table saw when I knocked the fence off the edge, and it fell on the floor on the left corner, breaking the casting. I still haven’t even turned the thing on yet.