PDA

View Full Version : ANZAC Day 2024 17th birthday

Simomatra
29th November 2023, 01:37 PM
15 more just completed. I am open for receiving pens for ANZAC Day which will celebrate 17 years of supplying Pens for the Troops

Simomatra
4th December 2023, 11:14 AM
75 beautiful pens have arrived from the members of Bayside Woodturners and Woodcrafter Club Inc Queensland. I would like to thank all members for their continued contributions. Well done..

Simomatra
14th February 2024, 01:49 PM
Twenty-five wonderful pens have just arrived from Chris Cruden. Well done mate they are great

Simomatra
19th February 2024, 01:01 PM
Twenty wonderful pens have arrived from Bob Kettle. A magnificent job. I hope you are feeling better Bob

Simomatra
27th February 2024, 12:44 PM
78 wonderful pens just received from Terry Dover and his son Douglas. much appreciated. Sorry about the picture

Simomatra
1st March 2024, 01:02 PM
Twenty beautiful Pens just received from Trevor Fehring. Many thanks, Trevor they are much appreciated

Simomatra
19th March 2024, 03:34 PM
84 beautiful pens have arrived from Koonung Woodturners Guild. A big thank you to all involved your assistance is much Appreciated.

Simomatra
26th March 2024, 02:23 PM
20 beautiful pens just received from David Jarman. Well done David

Simomatra
28th March 2024, 01:10 PM
A lovely email of gratitude was just received for Charles Slater. Well done Charles,

Pens for the troops

Attn: Charles Slatter

Dear Mr Slatter,

My name is Celia Perkins and I am a Deputy Secretary at the Department of Defence. I have served in Defence as a member of the Australian Public Service for 30 years.

I had the privilege to appear before the Royal Commission into Defence and Veteran’s Suicide on Tuesday 19 March, and I have deep hope that the Royal Commission will support us in ensuring better outcomes for all our troops in their service and as they transition to civilian life.

After I finished my testimony, the Defence team supporting the Royal Commission gifted me your beautiful Hairy Oak pen.

I was honoured to receive it, and I wanted to pass my thanks to you. Your workmanship is beautiful, and I will use the pen with pride.

Thank you for your support for our Veterans,

All my best

Celia

Celia Perkins
Deputy Secretary

Simomatra
2nd April 2024, 02:06 PM
Another lovely email of thanks to Charles Slater, Well done Charles you are on a roll.

Good morning,

Katie Urquhart and I would both like to thank Charles Slater and Pens For The Troops for the lovely pens we received after we appeared as Commonwealth witnesses at the Royal Commission into Defence and Veteran Suicide. We were representing Defence’s Sexual Misconduct Prevention and Response Office and gave evidence for four hours. It was an arduous time however we REALLY appreciated the gesture from Pens For The Troops, in that we received a lovely pen each as a thank you for our testimony.

I’ve been using my pen and really enjoy the balance and contour J, and the rosewood is simply lovey.

Neither of us had heard of Pens For The Troops but we’ve done a quick Google search to learn more. What a great initiative, and certainly very much appreciated by the many recipients of your beautiful hand-crafted gifts.

Thanks again for the very kind gesture and lovely pens. They are very much appreciated.

Kind regards,

Fleur

Simomatra
4th April 2024, 01:40 PM
41 Beautiful pens have arrived from Easter Woodturners in Victoria. Many thanks to all involved, they are much appreciated

Simomatra
27th April 2024, 10:13 AM
This morning I received this lovely email from the Middle East.

I am glad to see the pens arrived for ANZAC Day and were well-received

Good afternoon Bruce

Our heartfelt thanks for the Pens, as they arrived for ANZAC Day. I handed them out and have as always, encouraged people to respond to the sender. The Australian Head of Mission and family here, attended our Australian themed Lunch in our recreation building ‘The Sands’. The Commander was able to explain who ‘Pens for the troops’ is, and how special they are to the troops, and we gifted them a pen each (don’t worry I have kept the cards that were attached). The HOM was delighted with the gift! Once again, thank you from the bottom of our hearts for making our ANZAC Day extra special.

Regards