PDA

View Full Version : Charcuterie Boards

Pat
10th December 2023, 01:44 PM
A couple of months ago, dear old Mum asked for 2 charcuterie boards for my niece and her friend.

Then Mum told my sister . . . whom inform Mum and me, that no, 2 boards were not enough, 5 is the number . . . . unfortunately I showed the daughter a completed board, she did not ask for one, but the good wife suggested that I make another one, whilst I was making another batch.

I love job creep!

Camphor Laurel, with rubber feet and handles from Bunnies.

Pic is of 2 of the new batch, with the first coat of Mineral Oil, pre-drilled for handles.

Mountain Ash
16th December 2023, 10:05 AM
Wow Pat. They are stunning! Did you dress them with a plane or sandpaper?

rwbuild
16th December 2023, 11:16 AM
STUNNING :2tsup: x 10
the bottom one almost looks like a 3D land formation

Pat
16th December 2023, 01:18 PM
I cheated, I planed the reverse to get flat boards, then ran thru the club's helical thicky. Minimal tool marks with that.

Sanded with Mirka Galaxy abrasives #120 -#500, cleaning between grits with a tack cloth. They are a step up from the Mirka Abranet and worth the extra dollars.

I run a Metabo 150mm ROS, with direct vacuum - I could probably get away with not cleaning as above, but it's what I learned years ago and gives me a good finish.

Finished with 2 coats of Mineral oil, over a few days.

Feet and Furniture from Bunnies.

The bottom one has the most figure out of the 4 from that slab, it's been designated as the Daughter's, by SWMBO :)

Simplicity
16th December 2023, 03:32 PM
Asking for a friend [emoji849],
What are Charcuterie boards???

Cheers Matt.

Pat
16th December 2023, 03:37 PM

Cheers Matt.

Hello Matt, Serving tray in Australian . . . :;

Simplicity
16th December 2023, 04:16 PM
Hello Matt, Serving tray in Australian . . . :;

Well there very nice serving trays then.

Cheers Matt.

GraemeCook
17th December 2023, 01:21 PM
What are Charcuterie boards??? :U

Charcuterie is the Frog word for salami.

AKA cheese boards.

havabeer69
17th December 2023, 01:46 PM

Cheers Matt.

its the latest on trend word/fad for a grazing board or cheese board. parties and events love them as they can charge you extra for the fancy grazing board

yvan
21st December 2023, 08:00 AM
Charcuterie is the Frog word for salami.

AKA cheese boards.

Merci Graeme!

Bushmiller
21st December 2023, 09:37 AM
Pat

Perhaps also for hors d'oeuvres or finger food etc..

That Camphor Laurel can come up a treat.

Regards
Paul

tonzeyd
21st December 2023, 02:51 PM
love these boards!

Particularly like the fact that they are no nonsense board that allows the natural beauty of the wood to be its defining feature rather than alot of boards i see these days that have elaborate designs/features

Pat
28th December 2023, 10:26 PM
love these boards!

Particularly like the fact that they are no nonsense board that allows the natural beauty of the wood to be its defining feature rather than alot of boards i see these days that have elaborate designs/features

Tony, KISS principle in action.

I didnt have time to get fancy.

crowie
30th December 2023, 09:44 PM
Nicely done Pat :2tsup:.
I gave a Camphor Laurel serving/cutting board to my sister-in-law and our middle daughter for Christmas..
I polished them both with Kustom Grit 50000 grit food grade polish; they came up a treat....
Cheers crowie