PDA

View Full Version : Splinters

AlexS
8th November 1999, 02:42 PM
A lady from Sydney bought a large tract of land in Tasmania, with rolling hills and large trees. She thought it would be a good idea to climb the highest tree on the highest point of her land to get a good view.
She climbed the tree and managed to reach the top. While she was enjoying the view, she disturbed a large bird nesting there. The bird began to attack her, and in her haste to escape she slid down the tree. When she reached the ground, she realised that she had many splinters in various tender parts of her body. In considerable pain, she managed to drive to her nearest doctor. He listened to her story carefully, then told her to go into the examination room and wait 'til he returned. She sat and waited for three hours before the doctor reappeared.
The lady was very angry, and said " Where the hell have you been all this time?" The doctor replied "Please understand. I had to get permits from the Emvironmental Protection Agency, the Forestry Service, Parks and Wildlife and the Bureau of Land Management before I could remove timber from a recreational area.

S Hayward
8th November 1999, 10:12 PM
Alex
I've stopped laughing now so I can write this. I often pull out the splinters with my teeth. Guess I'd better leave it there!!
Shaun

Grand Poobah
8th November 1999, 11:26 PM
Smella a bit fishy to me.

Poo

echnidna
12th January 2007, 01:51 PM
oldie but :clap:

ss_11000
12th January 2007, 04:16 PM
thats gold :cool: