PDA

View Full Version : Ryobi ERT 241200 end float

Barry F
20th January 2006, 04:04 PM
My Ryobi 1200w 1/2 inch router (very similar to an Elu) is quite a nice router to use. However after very little work it has developed almost a millimetre of end float. Is this considered to be acceptable? Can I fix it myself? Would it be worthwhile to go through the hassle of making a warranty claim?
Best Regards
By the way saw the new Triton 1400w today at Bunnies
The good news is that its made in Taiwan The bad news its priced at $288

craigb
20th January 2006, 04:28 PM
By the way saw the new Triton 1400w today at Bunnies
The good news is that its made in Taiwan The bad news its priced at
$288

Glad someone in NSW has seen them.:rolleyes: I've been in 4 different Bunnies over the past couple of weeks trying to spot one. I was beginning to think they were a phantom router.

I don't have an answer for your Ryobi problem though, sorry.

1mm sounds like a fair bit though.

Auld Bassoon
20th January 2006, 06:16 PM
Hi Barry,

1mm end float seems an awful lot to me - can't see how one could achieve a decent level finish with the shaft bobbing up and down by that much.

If within the warranty period (or even just outside of it), I would be taking the matter up with Ryobi.

BTW, I have one of those machines as a spare (the noise of the bugger drives me nuts), but even after 18 months of intermittent use, it's still ok.

Cheers!

Just George
20th January 2006, 07:28 PM
I too have one of them(1 of 6 routers), mine is so noisy that one of my neighbours complained but it was during the day so I told him to "get on ya bike buddy".