PDA

View Full Version : Air flow meter

CanFly
21st January 2006, 04:06 PM
I would like to measure the air flow in a positive air flow mask. Dose anyone have a diagram that will show me how to make an air flow meter? Several of the positive air masks for sale supply an air flow measuring device that appears to be very simple. If anyone on this forum has such a device I would like to hear from them.

Ray

ozwinner
21st January 2006, 04:22 PM
I would like to measure the air flow in a positive air flow mask. Dose anyone have a diagram that will show me how to make an air flow meter? Several of the positive air masks for sale supply an air flow measuring device that appears to be very simple. If anyone on this forum has such a device I would like to hear from them.

Ray

Why??

When you cant breath anymore, charge the batteries.

Al :D

Ashore
21st January 2006, 09:27 PM
they can appear simple , some of the simplest are based on a fan speed in an oriface

however doing the maths , taking into account blade size , resistance in blade bearings, speed , air temp, diam of tube, blade pitch,amount of laminer or turbulant flow , resistance accross blade surface,etc............

I would say rather than build and calibrate buy a flow meter, try jay-car or the yellow pages

CanFly
22nd January 2006, 05:56 AM
they can appear simple , some of the simplest are based on a fan speed in an oriface

however doing the maths , taking into account blade size , resistance in blade bearings, speed , air temp, diam of tube, blade pitch,amount of laminer or turbulant flow , resistance accross blade surface,etc............

I would say rather than build and calibrate buy a flow meter, try jay-car or the yellow pages

Oh my Gawd!

Cliff Rogers
22nd January 2006, 01:19 PM
Triton use a small ball like a ping pomg ball that is a loose fit in a clear plastic tube.

ozwinner
22nd January 2006, 01:27 PM
Triton use a small ball like a ping pomg ball that is a loose fit in a clear plastic tube.

Yeah, mine uses a pong ball, for obvious reasons.

Al :D

CanFly
22nd January 2006, 02:08 PM
Hi Al and Cliff.

Thanks for your response. Do either of you own a positive air mask with the air flow meter? If so could you take a picture and send it to the forum?

Ray

ozwinner
22nd January 2006, 02:23 PM
Hi Ray.
Here is a piccy with match box for comparasin.

It doesnt really do much, if you can breath it is ok, if you cant, recharge the batteries.

Al :)

CanFly
22nd January 2006, 03:01 PM
Thanks Oswinner. That gives me a place to begin.

Ray

TTIT
23rd January 2006, 12:14 AM
Hi Ray.
Here is a piccy with match box for comparasin.

Al :)

Something not quite right about that matchbox - certainly wouldn't want to put my finger on it!!!!!:eek::eek::eek: