PDA

View Full Version : New Hobby

Taffsmania
21st January 2006, 08:40 PM
Hi all just wanted to say good day, been looking in for a while and decided today is the day not only have I registered on this most illustrious forum but I ordered a new lathe ( first one ), chucks and bits and pieces from Jim Carrols. When the wife bought me a set of chisels for my new hobby she thought Bunnings here he comes.
Time to tell her all about the DVR3000 XP better make her a cup of tea first me thinks. If I don’t post for a while it’s because they don’t have the internet at our local hospital....
Keith :)

rsser
22nd January 2006, 09:04 AM
Wecome aboard Taffsmania. Hope you recover quickly ;-}

Mulgabill
22nd January 2006, 11:46 AM
Well Keith, you had also better warn her that it is just the beginning of your addiction and take her an asprin as well as a cuppa.:D
I hope you enjoy turning and post some of you work here for all to see.

Taffsmania
22nd January 2006, 12:15 PM
Thanks Lads.
All’s fine on the home front, been given the green light to get what I need must be because I left the boss choose our new home at Loch sport, moving the first week of Feb from Tasmania from Queensland from Wales UK from N.S.Wales from Wales UK. This is the last move and the house has a good size workshop so all I got to do is set it all up.
Keith:o

John Saxton
22nd January 2006, 12:19 PM
Hi Keith,welcome to the BBand good luck with your woodturning.

You've got access to some wonderful timbers down there in Tassie plenty of figured varieties available.

Cheers:)

Baz
22nd January 2006, 06:17 PM
Johnno, Loch Sport is in Victoria between Sale & Bairnsdale, I only know that because I didn't have clue where it was so I peeked at a map.
Cheers
Barry

RETIRED
22nd January 2006, 08:04 PM
Keith, I hope you have a baseball bat for the mossies.:D

JackoH
23rd January 2006, 09:21 AM
Keith, I hope you have a baseball bat for the mossies.:D
Just put chicken wire over your shed windows to keep 'em out!
Welcome to warm and sunny Victoria.

bennylaird
23rd January 2006, 09:32 AM
Johnno, Loch Sport is in Victoria between Sale & Bairnsdale, I only know that because I didn't have clue where it was so I peeked at a map.
Cheers
Barry

Easier to get to Sale than Bairnsdale unless you have a boat. Long run to pick up some wood etc anyway but a nice place to live. How are the salmon biting?