PDA

View Full Version : The Bathtub

mudgutts
31st January 2006, 04:15 PM
I was asked to re-enamial a bathtub, now i have done so with tile & tub but the owner of this tub wasn't happy with it so is there another way to do this on the cheap as the owner is a tight ****, And as i live in a rural area i need ether a companies name or pruduct name.
I told him it's cheaper to replace the tub "buts it's to expensive was his reply"

seriph1
31st January 2006, 06:58 PM
Welcome to the Forum!

short answer "god help ya!" Long answer - anything is possible but this particular job is a bloody nightmare I reckon. I am yet to see a great one and you are dead right - it is cheaper to buy a new bath. Basically I feel vitreous enameling is the only sure fire way of redoing a bath properly - and for what that costs, it is far cheaper to get a new one..... Is it a claw foot? I have seen slipper baths (claw foot, high at one end) in acrylic which is far lighter and very durable, going from around $750. Let us know how you get on

jimc
1st February 2006, 01:15 PM
The only bath re-enameler in Australia is Vintage Baths located in Sydney.

Our quote was $1100 excluding shipping costs!

Instead my mate got a new water trough for his wifes horses and I bought a new acrylic bath! Saved myself $900

mudgutts
9th February 2006, 02:09 PM
Well the bathtub sarga still go's on now the vendor wants me to pay for his stuff up, You see he painted it with tile paint and wonders why it's peeling.
Any body want this job coz i don't!

mudgutts
27th February 2006, 10:53 AM
I was asked to re-enamial a bathtub, now i have done so with tile & tub but the owner of this tub wasn't happy with it so is there another way to do this on the cheap as the owner is a tight ****, And as i live in a rural area i need ether a companies name or pruduct name.
I told him it's cheaper to replace the tub "buts it's to expensive was his reply"
Well thank you all for your imput but the owner sold the house instead so now i'm on the next project
The roof from hell.