http://www.pdracer.com/

bitingmidge
1st February 2006, 04:59 PM
How about a few?
:D :eek: :D :D

P

Daddles
1st February 2006, 05:19 PM
Mate, I'll be taking Redback and two Mouseboats :eek: Is Goolwa this year or next year? If next year, I'll have the Yellowtail as well (Midge, if you mention millenia I'll make rude comments about your Eureka again ;) )

Those puddle ducks is ugly critters though. Rather tempting ... you barsteward:D

Richard

Termite
1st February 2006, 05:52 PM
Reminds me of the rhyme:-

Mrs Oostleswoothle had a rough cut punt.
Not a punt cut rough but a rough cut punt.
It was flat at the back and blunt at the front,
That's Mrs Oostleswoothle's rough cut punt.

Try that on for size 3 times in a row when you're half cut. :D

Christopha
1st February 2006, 09:22 PM
How about a few?
:D :eek: :D :D

P

You in Midgster?;)

bitingmidge
1st February 2006, 09:34 PM
I've got till March next year haven't I??

Then I just need to work out how to get the menagerie down there!

P

Boatmik
3rd February 2006, 10:04 AM
I've got till March next year haven't I??

Then I just need to work out how to get the menagerie down there!

P
Sounds like a date then!!!

Will be nice to have you down. I'll clean out the spare room. :-)

I do have until March next year don't I? It is a more complicated process for me than most other people.

MIK

bitingmidge
3rd February 2006, 10:38 AM
I do have until March next year don't I? It is a more complicated process for me than most other people.

I thought you just had to turn it inside out and give it a shake?? ;)

It's a definite date though.

Now about the rig for this thing... there's nothing in the rules about how big, or where the rudder has to be mounted, so I was thinking about three feet aft of the stern, two 16 foot masts, a 9' bowsprit and enough blue tarp to cover the Sydney Opera House.... there are also no rules about how many crew, and it's 8' long so how about 6 on the gunwhale with four on trapese on their shoulders.

Come to think of it, I meant two 36 foot masts........

P:D

bitingmidge
3rd February 2006, 11:03 AM
Chaps,

I've been having a serious think about this PD thing, and have noted that the Seppoes have hosted the world championships for the last few years, including this year : http://www.shortypen.com/events/2006/world/

How about hosting the world's at Goolwa??

I'm up for it...

P
:D :D :D

Boatmik
3rd February 2006, 12:12 PM
Chaps,

I've been having a serious think about this PD thing, and have noted that the Seppoes have hosted the world championships for the last few years, including this year : http://www.shortypen.com/events/2006/world/

How about hosting the world's at Goolwa??

I'm up for it...

P

It would be easy enough to just call them the worlds!!! The resulting litigation would be great for publicity!

Eppler wide band laminar flow centreboard about 5ft long, Naca 0012 rudder, 7000 series drawn alloy spars and a ten dollar polytarp sail.

Even if not planning to sail it is possible to blind them with science!!

MIK

Boatmik
3rd February 2006, 12:20 PM
But seriously - I would speak to the Goolwa Wooden Boat Festival people about making it a real event. They could run it around a short course near shore over several races each day. Each race lasting about 20 to 30 mins.

We could even do match racing.

The sound of two Bricks thwacking - mmmmmmmm

Michael

Boatmik
3rd February 2006, 12:22 PM
I thought you just had to turn it inside out and give it a shake?? ;)

It's getting the pegs back into the ground that makes it difficult. The ground is really hard in March.

Maybe they can reshedule the festival?

MIK

bitingmidge
3rd February 2006, 12:26 PM
Eppler wide band laminar flow centreboard about 5ft long, Naca 0012 rudder, 7000 series drawn alloy spars and a ten dollar polytarp sail.

Is that centreboard 5 ft long, or 5 ft deep?? :eek: :eek:

and why an alloy spar??? I'm thinking hollow: 6mm ply walls!

Light, cheap and oh so spectacular when it comes apart on a reach with two on the wire!

P

bitingmidge
3rd February 2006, 12:34 PM
But seriously - I would speak to the Goolwa Wooden Boat Festival people about making it a real event. They could run it around a short course near shore over several races each day. Each race lasting about 20 to 30 mins.

"I" would speak, or "someone" should speak to them??

Come on Christopha, you thought of it first, and you're on first name terms with the organisers!!!

Let's do this stupid thing!!

I'll even burn my boat at the post race barbecue.

P

Christopha
3rd February 2006, 08:56 PM
HMMMM..... we could just about do it.....

bitingmidge
3rd February 2006, 11:51 PM
HMMMM..... we could just about do it.....

Come on Chris, "just about" isn't enough to convince me to carry the thing 2,300 klicks.

But the World Championship trophy maybe (see pic!)

P
:D

Daddles
4th February 2006, 12:27 AM
But the World Championship trophy maybe (see pic!)

P
:D

Is that a boobie peeping in from the right? Midge, I'm shocked:eek:

Richard

Daddles
4th February 2006, 12:28 AM
Chris, just remember who started this :cool:

Richard

bitingmidge
7th February 2006, 10:29 AM
The Queensland Championships are going to be held on 1st April.

All welcome to enter, in accordance with the class rules, no entry fee!

I think I'll start a thread about the construction of the first boat......let's just say it looks like being finished before the canoe, and for about the cost of two paddles!

P

bennylaird
7th February 2006, 10:43 AM
Is that a boobie peeping in from the right? Midge, I'm shocked:eek:

Richard Looks to be a right tit.......

Or is that left? and possibly git? :D

Christopha
7th February 2006, 03:36 PM
Looks like an armtit to me but then my "vision" is a touch off centre I am told....

Midgster, I think a full pictorial tutorial detailing the intricacies of PD construction could be in order......

bitingmidge
7th February 2006, 06:41 PM
Midgster, I think a full pictorial tutorial detailing the intricacies of PD construction could be in order......

All in good time Mr opha all in good time.....

I am afraid though, that "Oy! Daddles!" is not a worthy name for a thread which will trace the evolution of what is after all, an international racing class..... can you pull a string or two and change it to "PD Racer - a love story"????

My personal design consultant is presently working on the finer details as we type/read respectively.

Cheers,

P (watch this space)
;)

Termite
7th February 2006, 06:46 PM
My personal design consultant is presently working on the finer details as we type/read respectively.
Ah, the old pencil on the back of a coaster trick eh? :D

Boatmik
7th February 2006, 06:53 PM
A Statement from The Biting Midges Personal Brain Care Consultant.

Daddles
7th February 2006, 08:31 PM
Oi Midge, according to that picture, you have to sail with a board rammed up your ... umm ... stern :eek:

Richard

bitingmidge
7th February 2006, 09:09 PM
Oi Midge, according to that picture, you have to sail with a board rammed up your ... umm ... stern :eek:

With a "bit" more sail than our seppo friends seem to be carrying, how else are you going to stay on??

P
:D :D

bitingmidge
9th February 2006, 09:53 PM
Polite notice:

Since the Queensland State representatives for the Nationals has started to construct its fleet, progress will now be logged here:

http://www.woodworkforums.ubeaut.com.au/showthread.php?p=264195#post264195

Note: through the co-operative efforts of South Australia, it is likely that that state will also be in a position to enter........

cheers,

bitingmidge
29th January 2007, 10:58 AM
Chris, just remember who started this :cool:

Richard

Yeah, Chris... remember!!

It's not a year yet, and I've done not much else all year!! Thanks for that!

See you in Goolway...bathtub!

P