PDA

View Full Version : Humidor

Flint
6th February 2006, 04:54 PM
I have been asked to make a Humidor and need to purchase a humidifier, the only one I can find is on Woodcrafts site in the US for $US 39.95. Can any one advise if they are available in Australia.:rolleyes:

Aficianado28
4th March 2006, 02:21 PM
Flint
Would a hygrometer suffice?. Go into e-bay and search "humidor". This will give a result which has these available for $10.
Let me know how you go, I might also be interested in a humidor, at the right price.

Flint
6th March 2006, 08:09 PM
Thanks for the post. I found one at Carba Tec Sydney for $9.00. Appreciate the help. When I have finished I will post the photo and design

powderpost
6th March 2006, 10:34 PM
I too am interested in making humidors, but the problem is sourcing humidifyers in Australia. These contain cotton wool that is moistened with a mixture of glycerine and water to moisten the atmosphere in the humidifyer. A hygrometer is used to measure the moisture content. Cigar smokers tell me that humidity control is very important to maintain quality. If anyone knows where they can be bought, please let me know. The web searches have been done without success, for an Australian source.
Jim