PDA

View Full Version : Triton Through the Table Winder

Carry Pine
8th February 2006, 08:11 PM
Someone has mentioned the Triton Through The Table Winder. I've never heard of it? How much? Can't seem to find it in any catalogues.

Wood Butcher
8th February 2006, 08:21 PM
Not sure about a through the table winder, but they do make a saw winder attachment. Have a look here towards the bottom of the page to see what you think.

http://www.triton.com.au/products/access_2.html#wk
(http://www.triton.com.au/products/access_2.html#dust)

Zoot
8th February 2006, 09:14 PM
Someone has mentioned the Triton Through The Table Winder. I've never heard of it? How much? Can't seem to find it in any catalogues.

The through the table winder is an optional accessory for the new 1400W Router ... the 1400 is about $288 and the accessory kit is about $48. I bought mine a ***Bunnings*** (don't tell anyone!) but no one there knew anything about the new 1400 router, I had to find it on the shelf where it had a price tag of $379 and when I asked about the price I was abruptly told to look at the price on the shelf!!! Salesperson was quite taken aback when she scanned it and $288 came up and said she did not know that Triton had a new and cheaper router!! They knew nothing about the accessory pack, but I found that on a top shelf outside their tool section near the Triton super Jaws ... had to climb up their shelving to reach it and no prices marked.

The winder is brilliant ... works a treat and all bit changing happens above the router table and not in the dark places under!

Cheers,
Zoot

Just George
8th February 2006, 09:49 PM
Small in weight but big in capability. 1400W, more than enough power for table work with lower mounted handles for hand held work. The through the table height winder allows easy height adjustment.

Carry Pine
9th February 2006, 04:59 PM
Zoot, You must almost be a neighbour... but anyway: I've got the old Triton Router- you know the big one. Is there a through the table winder for that?

Just George
9th February 2006, 08:21 PM
Zoot, You must almost be a neighbour... but anyway: I've got the old Triton Router- you know the big one. Is there a through the table winder for that?

I'm not Zoot and I probably live no where near you. The answer to your question is - no...

Zoot
9th February 2006, 09:12 PM
I'm not Zoot and I probably live no where near you. The answer to your question is - no...

I agree with Just George ... the anser is no, but the winder is great. I am now trying to work out how I can fit a winder to my old Makita router, because winding it by hand in the nether regions of the router table is for the birds! Any suggestions (about the winder that is!)

Cheers,
Zoot