PDA

View Full Version : Puddle Duck world championships

Daddles
11th February 2006, 09:54 AM
Here's a post that came through on a boating list I'm on.

==============

May 13th, 2006 (12 weeks from now) at Magnolia Beach, TX, we are
going to have our 3rd annual Puddle Duck World Championship Race.
Free event that anyone can participate in or attend, and it coincides
with the DuckworksMagazine.com messabout.

Don't have a PDRacer yet? You can race anyway! There will be 2
loaner boats available, and a pre-race competition to see who gets to
use them in the big race. We also need volunteers to help run the
race.

For more info, see:
http://www.shortypen.com/events/2006/world/

Thanks
Shorty

============

See, there are nuts everywhere :rolleyes:

Richard

bitingmidge
11th February 2006, 10:27 AM
See, there are nuts everywhere :rolleyes:

Why do you think I've laid a claim for 2007? :confused:

The "worlds"have been held in the US for three years now, it's time they were held in the Southern Hemisphere I reckon!

And craziness aside, (we are cutting out hull panels as we speak), at this very early stage we seriously think the class has the potential to get a whole lot of kids (and their parents) on the water and out there having fun!

What started out as a bit of a giggle for us, may well turn into a crusade!

Cheers,

P (Presently building two boats for less than the cost of an iPod)
:D :D :D

echnidna
11th February 2006, 06:57 PM
Why do you think I've laid a claim for 2007? :confused:

The "worlds"have been held in the US for three years now, it's time they were held in the Southern Hemisphere I reckon!

And craziness aside, (we are cutting out hull panels as we speak), at this very early stage we seriously think the class has the potential to get a whole lot of kids (and their parents) on the water and out there having fun!

What started out as a bit of a giggle for us, may well turn into a crusade!

Cheers,

P (Presently building two boats for less than the cost of an iPod)

I don't know if I uoghta believe this,

Midge is actually doing something

whatsamatta mate, not feeling well?:D :D :D

bitingmidge
11th February 2006, 09:11 PM
I don't know if I uoghta believe this,
Midge is actually doing something,
whatsamatta mate, not feeling well?:D :D :D

Now that's a bit unsporting.... I'm always doing stuff.... it's just that I could never be accused of finishing ahhhhh....

shall we say....

prematurely.

Cheers,

P
:D

Daddles
11th February 2006, 10:21 PM
I got an email from your Eureka Canoe tonight and it is feeling very depressed and neglected :o

Richard

Driver
11th February 2006, 10:33 PM
I got an email from your Eureka Canoe tonight and it is feeling very depressed and neglected :o

Richard

Mate, you've gotta stop talking to your frog! :rolleyes:

boban
11th February 2006, 11:20 PM

Given that Im a stink boat owner (who has sailed in the past) and am watching this and the other thread with some interest, I think you may be onto something.

With such minimal expense it is something I may consider building with my boys

OkanaganDuck
13th February 2006, 03:30 PM
Take a peek at www.summerlandpuddleducks.org (http://www.summerlandpuddleducks.org) Not only are we going to have a lot of fun April 28-30, but May 1 we will have an instant fleet. BTW The team that comes the furthest for the event get their room in a 4 star Hotel for free. Any airline captains on this forum?

bitingmidge
14th February 2006, 07:16 PM
Damn! We probably won't be quite fully recovered from the Queensland Championships by then,,

Maybe next year eh???

Cheers,

P

bitingmidge
20th February 2006, 03:39 PM
OK Chappies, the new rules for getting the world championship in a particular location have been established, giving due respect to those of us who aren't in the Northern Part of the Americas.

Race Location
The World Championship Race location shall be rotated in a 3 year cycle.
Year 1 shall be held at a location picked by Shorty, most probably the Duckworks Annual Magnolia Beach messabout since it is such a great location. 60 days after the WC race, the next location will be picked.
Year 2's location and date will be determined by the fleet organizer, of the fleet which has a race with the largest number of PDRacers on the starting line, within 60 days before or after the latest WC race. That fleet organizer can then pick the date and location for the next calendar year WC race.
Year 3's location and date will be determined the same as year 2, except it is in a location other than year 1 or 2.
Then the cycle starts over again at year 1.

So, firstly we need a fleet organiser.

Then we need some boats, a LOT of boats.

Then we just need to get them altogether in one place and race 'em.

I haven't bothered to work out by when, but I reckon June-July-August is the go..... brrrr....I'm going to have to say something about that!

So come on....if we're going to get this thing.........maybe you could think about gluing a different bottom on Redback to turn in into a puddleduck Daddles?

Daddles
20th February 2006, 04:58 PM
maybe you could think about gluing a different bottom on Redback to turn in into a puddleduck Daddles?

Go stick a Bill Gates sticker on yer Mac :mad:

Richard

the less I do with that ruddy boat, the better :(

bitingmidge
20th February 2006, 05:07 PM
the less I do with that ruddy boat, the better :(

sorry

P
:o :o :o

Christopha
20th February 2006, 08:15 PM
I have the "Committee Boat!"

Daddles
20th February 2006, 10:30 PM
I have the "Committee Boat!"

Mate, the term is PUDDLEduck, not PADDLEduck :D

Richard

for those who don't know, Chris has a 10' paddle steamer which just happens to be the model for the Goolwa Wooden Boat Festival logo :D

Christopha
2nd March 2006, 05:42 AM
I thought I mght just bump this to the top and remind all and sundry of the incredibly important reasons the Midge and the Mik are straining mightily to establish our world supremacy.......

http://www.shortypen.com/events/2006/world/

I say chaps, any chance of a cruising version which could be sailed to the upcoming "Worlds"? :)

bitingmidge
2nd March 2006, 08:11 AM
A cruising version???

Surely you jest.. These are pdRACERS !

Perhaps, kind sir, you would care to offer the mighty R&R as a mother ship, and we could be take the voyage in comfort, with our sleek and highly tuned instruments of victory bobbing gaily behind?

Cheers,

P

Daddles
2nd March 2006, 08:54 AM
Perhaps, kind sir, you would care to offer the mighty R&R as a mother ship, and we could be take the voyage in comfort, with our sleek and highly tuned instruments of victory bobbing gaily behind?

Stop sniffing the poxy Midge. It's bad enough with Christopha :eek:

Richard

Christopha
2nd March 2006, 09:28 AM
Stop sniffing the poxy Midge. It's bad enough with Christopha :eek:

Richard

AVAST Richard, you scurvy sod! Admiral Midgster was making great sense.... although I'm not sure the "gaily bobbing" bit was quite whaT I had in mind.;)

Daddles
2nd March 2006, 09:42 AM
although I'm not sure the "gaily bobbing" bit was quite whaT I had in mind.;)

Tis exactly that which I took umbrage at my good Christopha. Of couse, us crew of the R&R would be warmed by the keg of rum in the boiler room whereas said knaves in their duckywuckies would have to create their own insanity ... hmm, perhaps he could take some poxy then mix and sniff as required :confused:

Richard

bitingmidge
2nd March 2006, 09:59 AM
. hmm, perhaps he could take some poxy then mix and sniff as required :confused:

I don't think it's the poxy, I think it's the Boatcraft Citrus handcleaner. It tastes pretty darned good spread generously on just about anything really, which is just as well, because everything we own seems to have developed it's own thin smear of the stuff! :eek: :eek: :eek:

If we can't bob gailybehind, can we at least lie snug astern?

P

Daddles
2nd March 2006, 10:27 AM
If we can't bob gailybehind, can we at least lie snug astern?

ARRRRGGGHHHHH That does it. There are things a cabin boy WON'T do, even on R&R

Richard

Boatmik
2nd March 2006, 02:47 PM
which is just as well, because everything we own seems to have developed it's own thin smear of the stuff! :eek: :eek: :eek:

P

Including houseguests.

deepdug
2nd March 2006, 05:43 PM
Having tackled building the Eureka after a break of 40 year from boatbuilding I think years of alcohol abuse must have addled my brain as I am giving serious consideration to building a PD for the Goolwa 2007 classic. I am also trying to talk a boaty mate of mine into joining me and building one too.

My great-grandfather jumped from a Swedish ship and settled at Goolwa and so my family has strong boating ties down there. I would love to send my Swedish relatives details of a Jacob Lundstrom memorial boat. They may think that a PD is a bit of an insult compared to the boats they have in Sweden. They did provide a name for my Eureka however. 'Eka' is a small wooden boat in Sweden.

I guess I am feeling a bit boat deprived. I currently own a 27' diesel cabin boat on the Murray, a River Runner canadian canoe, two B-Line Petrel kayaks, a Tiger kayak, a pram dinghy for the cruiser, a Mirror dinghy, the Eureka and a Coleman blowup 2 man kayak (for portability in the van).

I guess that all of that makes me an ideal candidate for more boating stupidity.

I will view the plans with great interest.

Doug

bitingmidge
2nd March 2006, 06:28 PM
They may think that a PD is a bit of an insult compared to the boats they have in Sweden.

Doug,

The PD is an insult compared to any boat!! :D :D :D

It's a bit like turning up at a Biker Convention on a moped, or maybe having a toy poodle in the back of your ute.....

Don't give up the drink I say!

Cheers,

P:D

Cliff Rogers
2nd March 2006, 10:58 PM
...It's a bit like turning up at a Biker Convention on a moped, ...

Damn... I don't know if my typing is up to it but I have just GOT to tell you this story.... Its all about inspiration. :rolleyes:

A loooong time ago, last century...
The very first (& only) Hog Rally I ever went to was on Magnetic Island in 199something. (I don't own a Hog, I just happened to be on Maggie Is. that weekend.) :p
They have a 'half pizzed' competition in the afternoon out the back of the last Pub (Arcadia) that they stop at.
It is called; 'Horizontal Bungee' (nothing like the 'horizontal tango' 'cept you are forked when you finish;) )
The horizontal bungee is about 10 tyre tubes linked together like how you tie rubber bands together.
One end is dropped over the tow ball of a suitable 4WD.
The other end is dropped over the 1st drunk.
Amidist much cheering, the 1st drunk runs like a dick away from the Ute & they mark the point where he/she/it goes splat on the ground.
During the afternoon, more drunks 'challenge' the 1st drunk.
Now that you know the rules & the scene is set....
It is late in the afternoon & it is down to the last couple of BIG bugas in black Teeshirts & black jeans & Johnny Reb riding boots & then....
Out comes a young bloke with spiky blond hair, pink board shorts, no boots, hell, no shoes at all, & a Grey Teeshirt with 'NortoN' printed on it.
The crowd goes WILD....
Do you see where this is going yet? ;)
Anyway, the surfy moves the mark forward by a metre with out falling over. :cool:
The crowd goes WILD....
With new found inspiration, the blokes in Black & Johnny Reb riding boots find new strength & proceed to break old records.
In the end, the Hog side have trotted out a cane farmer 'man mountain' from Mackay in a flanny shirt & blue jeans &.... Johnny Reb riding boots BUT, he has only just arrived & isn't pizzed yet so he manages to beat the surfie by about 3 inches. :rolleyes:
The crowd goes WILD.... :D

Do you see that it is all about the right type of inspiration. :cool:

deepdug
3rd March 2006, 11:48 PM
I met up with a couple of mates tonight armed with some information from the internet about the PD and we have all agreed to construct a boat for the 2007 Goolwa PuddleDuck World Championships.

That's a fleet of at least 5 it seems.

Doug

bitingmidge
4th March 2006, 01:02 AM
Great work Doug! I reckon we need about 12 boats before we can call it a World Championship though!

Come on chaps, all in a good cause!

P

bitingmidge
7th March 2006, 10:17 PM
Well today, I was talking to a bloke who knows someone who said he saw a man about a dog, and I reckon there's a big big event coming up in South Oz in the first quarter of the new year.

I'm not saying what, where or when, or whether I predicted it on this or another thread mind, but let's just say, all you buggers better start building your boats really soon..... you're going to need the practice!

Cheers,

P

Daddles
8th March 2006, 08:33 AM
Well, I won't be building a PD at this stage - got the Yellowtail in 'midge' mode (ie, waiting to be finished :cool: ), the rowboat about to come into action (got the cash for it now :D ) and then there's the Samar in the front yard doing it's 'pile of firewood' imitation. So I reckon I'll just finish the sailing gear for Redback and work as the rescue craft ... or comedy relief :o

Richard

bitingmidge
8th March 2006, 09:03 AM
Hey Richard, why not pull Redback apart and use the bits to build your new PDR "Razorback"... go on...you know you want to......

Who knows, there may be a crewing position going!

Cheers.

P

Daddles
8th March 2006, 09:22 AM
Can't, the rotten thing's too short :( (she's 7'3" long)

All that's needed now is the rudder ... and varnish on the spars, then set the ropes, oh, and some cleats and ... sheesh, no wonder it's taking so long. And the workshop fairies just aren't helping - do you realise that some days I go out into the workshop and NOTHING has been done since last time?:eek:

I liked the rudder arrangement on the PD. I was going to do a normal lift up rudder but the PD system looked quicker. Have to have a chat with MIK. Is he back in Adelaide now?

Richard

Boatmik
11th March 2006, 04:44 PM
I liked the rudder arrangement on the PD. I was going to do a normal lift up rudder but the PD system looked quicker. Have to have a chat with MIK. Is he back in Adelaide now?

Richard
Yep, he's back.

The rudder system is one I purloined from the Paper Tiger Catamaran about 30 (god! now almost 40) years ago - maybe they invented it - it is now the system that is most common in most classes.

Simple, robust, quick to use the Dagger Rudder is much superior to a swinging rudder.

Principle is that the rudder blade is held in a three sided box with an open back. Blade is prevented from sliding out by wrapping shock cord (bungy cord) around the box and the blade.

When you hit anything the blade can kick back and up and very little chance of damage. When you are over the obstacle it will pop back into the original position or close to it.

When it's most of the way up you can still steer without getting the high steering loads and poor steering performance of a swinging rudder blade.

Also in quick boats it is REALLLY hard to stop a swinging blade from swinging back a bit at high speed - which leads to all sorts of steering problems (including load) and means the steerer usually has to bend over the transom and try to push the damn thing down with a hand or a foot while zooming along at a million miles an hour facing in the wrong direction to avoid trouble.

Dagger Rudders avoid all of this and take about half the time to build.

I can PDF some info to you

MIK

Sku
10th April 2006, 10:56 PM
I put my hand up for another PD for Goolwa. Can only be marginally more seaworthy than my Macgreggor in a blow. I'll put my Elf on hold (again) and raid the local recycler for suitable materials. Did I read somewhere a budget limit of $200.00? Christopha is to blame of course, SWMBO just raised her eyes and said "As long as you finish the ................ first" At the moment ........ is a bathroom but you know how these things go.

bitingmidge
11th April 2006, 08:15 AM
Good on you Sku!

I reckon the PD would make a great life raft for the Macgreggor!

See you at Goolwa!

P

Boatmik
10th July 2006, 02:14 PM
Info on free boat plans below

Things are going ahead for the PD Racer championships at the Goolwa Wooden Boat Show in March ( I believe March 10 - 12).

It looks like the racing will be on the Sunday and Monday with a succession of short races lasting maybe 20 minutes or half an hour each. Still working out a system for the results but the idea is that there will a a large number of races with a smaller number to count - so there is the chance of borrowing someone's boat and having a race for fun.

Maybe there will be other events too like the fastest lap over the weekend

Duck Flat are right now building 4 of these 8ft boats - some of which will be loan boats over the weekend.

Midge will be coming down with his two OZMk1s - maybe he will have a new Mk2 as well.

Robin Bandenock is building a Mk2.

There is another bloke who is running a rehab course looking to build another 4.

I have received requests from around 4 people for free plans - some of them are going to be at Goolwa too.

We (Midge and I) will be starting a new thread for people building the boats to conspire through - ask questions - to put up better methods than the designer thought of - all that sort of stuff

As I said elsewhere I am offering the plans for the OZ Mk2 PDRacer for free for short time.

Full, complete drawings and the basic instructions - which will be bulked up later with material from our PDR building thread on this forum.
http://www.woodworkforums.ubeaut.com.au/showthread.php?t=28107

If you wan't a copy - AT THIS VERY SPECIAL INTRODUCKTORY PRICING (haha).

After that they will go on the website as a $20 (or thereabouts) download.

You have to email me on [email protected]

I will be putting some pics up of the Duck Flat boats going together this week - I'm going up to see them tomorrow.

Best Regards
Michael Storer - Who is feeling much better today than yesterday!!!

Boatmik
10th July 2006, 03:02 PM
For those who are waiting for plans - I have just decided to redraw the mast support arrangements - I have a neater, simpler, lighter, easier setup worked out and want to doucument it before I send it out.

Will do everyone together - it is a fairly big upload/download (2 to 3Mb?) for dial up users - but nothing for those on broadband.

Michael

Wood Butcher
10th July 2006, 04:40 PM
Micheal, I hope you got my email as I have been waiting for this day.

I would like to my gratitude to you for these plans as I'm sure everyone will. This is a great way to get into sailing and I for one am looking forward to having a go! You never know one day you may find me and the missus in a 20 footer sailing around the Whitsunday's. Well I like the idea just have to convince SWMBO:(.

Boatmik
10th July 2006, 07:08 PM
I have Butcher, I have (I think - it is a bit hard sometimes to sort the real names out from the nom de plumes!

Anyway when I send I'll put a notification up here so that people will know that they should have received the plans in their email.

Then if anyone hasn't ... they can monster me about it.

MIK

Boatmik
12th July 2006, 03:17 PM
I will be at the Adelaide Working with Wood show on Friday and Saturday. Duck Flat have given me a bit of display space.

So welcome if you want to just generally gasbag about boats, ask questions about any aspect of boatbuilding (maybe I can answer some of them) talk about PDRacers or my own designs - or any other designs.

Best Regards
Michael Storer

Boatmik
15th September 2006, 01:04 AM
For PDR info and entertainment the OZ pdr website is up.

www.pdracer.info

dopeydriver
24th October 2006, 02:21 PM
I found the PD racer site MIK , hope you can expand on sailing the thing , for us newbies trying to sail for the first time , in the dam !.
Rob J.

bitingmidge
26th October 2006, 09:24 AM
Rob,

Give me a hoy as soon as you are ready to launch, and I'll update the sailing bit! It's sort of ready to go, but like the rest of the stuff waiting to be uploaded, needs me to do stuff!

Currently to my great embarrassment, I'm struggling to update the building pages, but it will happen!

Cheers,

P
:o

dopeydriver
26th October 2006, 02:34 PM
Thanks mate !.
I'm desperately trying to prepare for the fire season here , and de-stock because of the drought , (anyone want horses or a bullock team ?) , but I want to get the PDR finished , and get back to SA for the championships .
Not that I'll do any good , but I'm sure I'll learn heaps !.
Rob J.

Wood Butcher
26th October 2006, 07:59 PM
Rob,

Give me a hoy as soon as you are ready to launch, and I'll update the sailing bit! It's sort of ready to go, but like the rest of the stuff waiting to be uploaded, needs me to do stuff!

Currently to my great embarrassment, I'm struggling to update the building pages, but it will happen!

Cheers,

P
:o

Jeez, The Midge having lots of stuff on his To-Do list (and all only half completed)....Never:p

bitingmidge
27th October 2006, 09:04 AM
Not that I'll do any good , but I'm sure I'll learn heaps !.
Rob J.
"Doing good" doesn't particularly mean you'll win anyway! :D

Why not come and visit us at the Sunny Coast on the way to SA, I'll give you a few hot tips ;) and it's the only way you'll knock me off for the record for the longest distance travelled to go for a sail in Goolwa! :cool:

cheers,

P

dopeydriver
27th October 2006, 11:29 AM
One thing about the PDR , its easily transportable !.
I went to Goolwa in a early 90's rodeo extra cab , with a canopy.
That PDR slid nicely in the back , I tied it down , and then MIK helped me tie the mast to the roof , and off I went !.
Probably 12 hours of driving later , I got home , and the bugger had hardly moved !.
It makes a lot of sense to me !.
Rob J.

dopeydriver
27th October 2006, 11:36 AM
Well bitingmidge , you could always stop off here , on your way from QLD to SA.
You are welcome to anyway , but I might have found some water to sail on by then.
Or maybe it will have rained.
Anyway , a lot of the truckies coming from up north going to SA come past here , so you are welcome to take a break here.
Rob J , near Newstead Vic.

Boatmik
27th October 2006, 12:53 PM
Howdy all,

Well - Ive been a little busy over the last few weeks.

Ended up spending two weeks teaching at the Duck Flat Spring School. 12 projects of boats from Oughtred, Chesapeake Light Craft, Welsford (grrrrrrr), Bolger, Murray Isles and a restoration job too up to about 30 people at times.

One of the Rob (AKA Dopey Driver) built most of a PD Racer. And a very nice little boat too - much neater and cleaner than Peter's and my two boats.

Anyway here is a shot of Rob's wee beestie at the end of the school and the sequence of popping it in the car and getting the mast on top - it is really light too.

As you can see there is not much strain involved in picking up an under 60lb (27kg) Hull (maybe around 55lb). Rob is the furthest from the camera in the lifting shot.

His PDR received the registration number of PDR #118 from the organisation.

And it has a good name too!!!

Best wishes to all
MIK

dopeydriver
27th October 2006, 03:17 PM
Who of you blokes remember a song probably from the mid to late 60's called "Over Under Sideways Down" ?.
Well as a kid my mates old man used to race a powered cat called "Thetis" , he got to Australian outboard champion , and then I wanted a racing skiff , and call it "Over under sideways down".
So now , its the PDR !.
It can be drawn as one symbol sorta like a cattle brand.
And thanks for your help at the school MIK , and David , they were long days !.
Rob J.

Boatmik
27th October 2006, 03:38 PM
It was a pretty amazing two weeks.

The funny thing was both the staff and the attendees had this idea that there would be lots of late night carousing.

But we were all so knackerded that we ended up crashing most nights at 9 or 9.30. But tremendously rewarding - normal life seemed a little flat for quite a few days.

Like Rob said - big days indeed!

MIK

bitingmidge
27th October 2006, 05:25 PM
Well bitingmidge , you could always stop off here , on your way from QLD to SA.

Heheh, I still haven't quite got my head round the logistics:

Do I: bung both boats on the trailer, and make the 5000k trip in the SWB Suzuki? :eek: :eek: :eek: (not so good with the trailer) It'd probably take about $500 worth of suspension mods to do that safely if not comfortably.

Or I could spend a few grand and put a tow bar on the Bemmer :eek: :eek: :eek:

Or maybe I could find a volunteer to tow it all in exchange for a boat? (That would be cheaper than anything else I can think of!

Actually the cheapest solution would be to build a boat on site, but I don't think that's going to happen either!

Thoughts anyone?

P

Boatmik
8th November 2006, 12:51 PM
While details of the Australian PDRacer championships are being finalised
Goolwa, South Australia, March 10 to 12.
http://www.woodenboatfestival.com.au/

BUT! Here are some pics from the USA championships. By the way they are called the world championships and any group of 3 boats or more can claim to hold the event in any one year - there don't necessarily need to be any international competitors - PDRs are quite anarchic like that.

Most people travelled quite huge distances to attend and there were a couple of loan boats available (this will happen at Goolwa as well).

One difference will be that in Goolwa we will have more races over the two days and they will probably quite close inshore so that spectators on shore can watch. We have 7 boats confirmed and others will join in as the number of people who have bought the plans start building boats.

Midge missed out by a few days in making the Goolwa even the World championship for next year - dammit - so we'll just have to be happy with Australian Championship.

There is a cool write up of the USA nationals and more pics here
http://duckworksmagazine.com/06/gatherings/pdrace2/index.htmhttp://duckworksmagazine.com/06/gatherings/pdrace2/index.htm

And here are some pics. As you can see by most of the pics almost everyone is having trouble with rig and sail setup - though some of the US boats with better sail setups didn't go.

Interesting to see the rig evolving slowly toward the OZ pdr standard - the fastest boats had a similar rig but not as nicely set up for optimal sailshape.

http://duckworksmagazine.com/06/gatherings/pdrace2/wakes.jpg
More tension on snotters and luffs gentlemen - but don't they look cute and fun!

http://duckworksmagazine.com/06/gatherings/pdrace2/_andrew.jpg
Andrew Linn, one of the thinkers of the class

http://duckworksmagazine.com/06/gatherings/pdrace2/_david.jpg
David Sargent the eventual winner - centreboards are fast!

http://duckworksmagazine.com/06/gatherings/pdrace2/_jason.jpg
Jason Nabors and some Puddle Duck Whimsy - sadly he has removed the ship's steering wheel :-(

http://duckworksmagazine.com/06/gatherings/pdrace2/_scott.jpg
Scott Widmier and crew

http://duckworksmagazine.com/06/gatherings/pdrace2/race.jpg
The gun has gone and the fleet is wondering whether there is someone on shore who thinks it is duck hunting season. The wader on the left is David "Shorty" Routh the creator of the class.

MIK

Boatmik
8th November 2006, 01:11 PM
Heheh, I still haven't quite got my head round the logistics:

Do I: bung both boats on the trailer, and make the 5000k trip in the SWB Suzuki? :eek: :eek: :eek: (not so good with the trailer) It'd probably take about $500 worth of suspension mods to do that safely if not comfortably.

Or I could spend a few grand and put a tow bar on the Bemmer :eek: :eek: :eek:

Or maybe I could find a volunteer to tow it all in exchange for a boat? (That would be cheaper than anything else I can think of!

Actually the cheapest solution would be to build a boat on site, but I don't think that's going to happen either!

Thoughts anyone?

P

Hire a Mercedes Van or similar. You will get 3 PDRs in the back and the GIS on the trailer. Eureka on the roof or on top of the GIS. Maybe even a Hi-Ace would do it with some wiggling.

Here is your stack measurement. It doesn't allow for padding or carlins

MIK

bitingmidge
8th November 2006, 01:31 PM
Hire a Mercedes Van or similar.

Hmmm $2700.00 (30 days) plus .23c per kilometre say $1,300.00 = $4,000 :eek: (plus fuel etc, but we'll be paying for that anyway!)

I suspect I could air freight them for that!:eek:

I'll have to talk to the national PDR association regarding subsidies! :D :D :D

P

Boatmik
8th November 2006, 10:56 PM
As far as I know YOU ARE the national PDR association

MIK

bitingmidge
8th November 2006, 11:21 PM
As far as I know YOU ARE the national PDR association
And that,