PDA

View Full Version : Kitchens and Bathroom at a budget

Cobber
16th February 2006, 01:35 PM
Hi there...any idea where the best place is to pick up a reasonably priced decent kitchen and applicances and bathroom equipment eg vanities toilet etc?

cheers

Cobber

Lonks
16th February 2006, 04:12 PM
I just bought a bathroom vanity off ebay at less than 1/3rd retail price. Recommend having a look.

ozwinner
16th February 2006, 05:15 PM
Hi there...any idea where the best place is to pick up a reasonably priced decent kitchen and applicances and bathroom equipment eg vanities toilet etc?

cheers

Cobber

For kitchens you cant go past Donna homes in Melton.
I had one made there 7 years ago and cost me $2500 all up.
Other places quoted $6000 for a lesser job.
I would get another made there in the future no worrys.

I work in the building trade and have seen the nasty crap that is around, Donna homes do a 150% job of their kitchens.

Phone 9390 7122 I think that is their display home, but Im sure they will put you right.

Al :)

timberpassion
16th February 2006, 11:05 PM
If your a handyman yourself u cant go passed flatpack kitchens. U order precut cupboards, very very simply assembled and then fit your doors and top, wich is also childs work. There is now a big rise in flatpack kitchen companys around because all they have to do is cut the board, drill a few holes and take the commision haha.

If your not in the position to assemble, work out correct measurements for everything or simply want someone else to do it for you then feel free to send me a pm and I would love to come have a look. Been a kitchen-man for along time now and just recently trying to start out on my own so I can offer a better price than the big factorys and still gaurantee my quality of work. Or even if you would like some help or information about doing it yourself I dont mind spilling my brains over a coffee :D

As long as theres coffee involved I dont mind helping in anyway I can!

Simon

Sybarite
17th February 2006, 07:04 AM
Obviously I am a big fan of these and would recommend one to anyone - as already said above, you are making savings on cabinetry which the factory is just screwing together.

But do be aware that there are many suppliers now distributing flat packed cabinetry that is IMPORTED in high volume and sold very cheaply.

This imported product is not always of the highest standard and is causing quite a bit of heartache for some renovators. There are some very well fabricated flat carcass systems out there. The one we use is also supplied to some big name cabinet makers who install it as their own.

When you go for a flat packed kitchen, find out about where the product is made and where the materials were made - if you care.

Many regards,

Earl

arms
17th February 2006, 08:52 AM
(The one we use is also supplied to some big name cabinet makers who install it as their own.)

My company actually manufacture and sell wholesale and retail kitchens to all of australia,we not only offer standard size cabinets but have the capability to manufacture any size cabinet required just go to the online store and choose a cabinet the next size up from the cabinet you require and send us an email with the change of size and we will make it to this,we freight all our cabinets and in most cases are about 40 percent cheaper than if you bought it locally

elphingirl
17th February 2006, 12:01 PM
Hi Cobber

We got all of our mixers, taps, bathroom whiteware etc from Swan Auctions in Swan St, Richmond. On the few items we compared at BUnnings they were cheaper, but their biggest plus is a huge range, showroom and pretty good assistance.

We got our flatpack kitchen from Kitset in Coburg. Do have a few problems with it, not sure I'd recommend it. Very difficult to deal with too. Our timber benchtops came from DGI Glulam in Glen Waverly - laminated timber benchtops. Just bought them as a slab and finished them ourselves.

Cheers
Justine

Cobber
17th February 2006, 12:22 PM
Thanks everyone...I will look into it all