PDA

View Full Version : P&N Supa Gouge

macca2
20th February 2006, 10:44 PM
After searching for info on bowl gouges I bought a 16mm P&N Supa Gouge.
What a difference it makes when you have a quality tool. Sure removes plenty of wood in a hurry. Can also do finishng cuts.
Easy to sharpen, holds its edge and well balanced.
Thanks to all who had input to "gouge threads".

Macca:D :D :D

TTIT
20th February 2006, 11:11 PM
After searching for info on bowl gouges I bought a 16mm P&N Supa Gouge.
What a difference it makes when you have a quality tool. Sure removes plenty of wood in a hurry. Can also do finishng cuts.
Easy to sharpen, holds its edge and well balanced.
Thanks to all who had input to "gouge threads".

Macca:D :D :D

I don't know about the 'Supa gouge' but I picked up a 3/8 and a 5/8 P&N bowl gouge for $5 each at a garage sale and couldn't do without them now. All they needed was handles and a clean up - good value or what???!!!:D:D:D

ozwinner
20th February 2006, 11:23 PM
I don't know about the 'Supa gouge' but I picked up a 3/8 and a 5/8 P&N bowl gouge for $5 each at a garage sale and couldn't do without them now. All they needed was handles and a clean up - good value or what???!!!:D:D:D

Nah, blanks sell for $3.75 each.

Al :p

hughie
21st February 2006, 12:23 AM
[

quote=TTIT]I don't know about the 'Supa gouge' but I picked up a 3/8 and a 5/8 P&N bowl gouge for $5 each at a garage sale and couldn't do without them now. All they needed was handles and a clean up - good value or what???!!!:D:D:D

Hmmm,

I see I am gonna have to pay more attention to my local garage sales.

hughie

DavidG
21st February 2006, 07:48 AM
Macca2
I have the P&N 25mm Supa Gouge.
Perfect for roughing out bowls from wet wood.
As you say. It can sure remove some wood quickly.:eek: :D :D

rsser
21st February 2006, 03:01 PM
Yep. Got the 17mm model. (Edit: my bowl roughing gouge ;) - solid shaft with very little chatter even on long overhang, and good length in the handle. )

The flute needs a regular run down with a slipstone though; not very well finished.