PDA

View Full Version : Buy jewellery box.

jimmyjames
23rd February 2006, 12:46 AM
Hi, I'm after a jewellery box for my wife but am not up to the job myself.

I took a look around the local jewellery stores and saw only one with potential, it was made of walnut, good quality, understated but was a little dark for my wifes tastes.

Can anyone recommend a good website detailing quality jewellery boxes for sale - preferably an aussie site?

Thanks in advance.

Carry Pine
25th February 2006, 09:10 AM
Some of the members are a bit hesitant to recommend anyone without further information on what these 'box buyers' want. Potentially, buying from these box makers could be a welcome opportunity to us make some cash but there are issues with publicly announcing someone's particulars over the www. There are other postings where the purchaser wants to meet 'face to face' which rings a few alarm bells.
I suggest you look through these pages or seach the web for something that you like and then post it and ask 'Who will make this for me?'
if you are a genuine buyer, it would be a pity to be frightened off by member's reservations about privacy.

AlexS
25th February 2006, 02:03 PM
Yep, what Carry said. If you see a style that you like, PM the maker and ask if they are interested in selling it or making one for you. I'm sure you'll get a good response.